~Bacon & Cheese Potato Nachos!

Do you ever get tired of using chips in your Nachos?  No, you don’t??  Neither do I..haha!  ;)

But, let’s face it.. sometimes it’s totally fun to turn an appetizer or basic TV watching snack into a hearty side dish, or even a lite meal!  Potatoes make great “chips” for Nachos!  They’re strong, tasty and go oh sooo well with Bacon & Cheese!  And what a perfect way to use up those leftover Baked Potatoes just sitting there silently begging for attention!

Not to mention that they’re a veggie..so you know what that means..yep, these are healthy!  ;)

You can jazz up these Nachos however you like.  The firm Potato slices can even stand up to some pulled pork for a BBQ style Nacho platter..Mmm!

The possibilities are endless!  Switch up your snackin’ and give these tasty taters a try!  :)

What you’lll need:

As many (fresh or already baked) Potatoes as you think you can handle!

1 lb. crispy & crumbled Bacon

1 tbsp. Cumin

1 tbsp. Chile Powder

Olive or Vegetable Oil

A large Zipper baggie

Your favorite Nacho Toppings..

Peel and slice up the potatoes into about 1/4″ disks

Add them into the Zipper bag and drizzle the oil into it, then add the spices & shake it up, until all the taters are evenly coated!

Grill them up until they’re golden on both sides (may take a bit longer if you started with raw Taters)

Start layering them with the cheeses and toppings.

Put them into the oven at 350 for a few minutes to melt together (may take a bit longer if you started with raw Taters)

Serve up an ooey-gooey cheesy plate full and dig in!  ~Enjoy!  :)

1. Oh my yum. There is far too much awesome in this post. I don’t think I can stand it!

2. LOL Kim!! :)

3. Oh, Amy!! These look absolutely incredible!!!! I want them NOW (even though I just overate at breakfast! Great job and the pics. are so very inviting!!

4. I love you! Well I love these and my daughter will be in heaven when I make these for her, probably tonight! New fan here, can’t wait to look around!

5. What a great idea! This is making me drool!!

6. These are wonderful! I hate when chips get soggy in nachos so this seems like a great trade off

7. This is the best looking, most appealing dish I’ve seen in a while. I cannot wait to make these.

• Maureen..THANK YOU SO MUCH!! That is SO nice of you to say, I hope you love them as much as we did! :)

8. Seriously you rock!! Found this recipe in pinterest *of course*this and bbq chicken is dinner tonight…

• Aww thank you! I’m so glad you found me! Let me know how you like them! :)

9. Will these work on a George Foreman grill? How long you think to cook them. I have a hard time getting potatoes done when I fry them.

• I have a hard time with that too..I suggest using already baked potatoes and slicing them! :)

10. Looks soooo yummmy! I will def try these! thanks for posting!

11. TGI Fridays has something similar and i was trying to make them but they use “homemade potato chips” by frying them..i like your idea better! They get a wonderful smokey flavor from the grill, and less fat! You could also use a white pepper cheese topping too..like the dip…I am making them tonight to go with soup!

12. YUUUMMMMM These look outstandingly delish!!! Going to make them for dinner tonight Thank you x

13. My word you wonderfully Creative cook! I would like to commend you on your blogging endeavor and uniqueness of your food. I am a start-up following my passion of unique food on any budget and making it gourmet all on its own. I look forward to following in your footsteps as you have achieved what I am working for. You are now my new idol and I am serious in that.

• Oh WOW! Thank you so much…Im so happy you enjoy it! :)

14. looks so good! can’t wait to try it! great pics!

15. Try using can Potatoes….. They are allready cooked to the perfect consistancy and a lot easier and faster to grill…. Just make sure you cut them lengthwise :)

16. Oh. My. Word. I am making this for supper TONIGHT! This looks so awesomely delicious, I have no more words. Can’t wait to dive in:)

17. You can use raw potatoes. Cut them up and deep fry them. Put them on a baking pan along with all your toppings (cheese on very top of course) and it’ll melt all into the food. Mmmm

18. This is a great idea and they sound really yummy, but not healthy as stated in the description (unless you were being sarcastic). lol

• Sarcasm is a main ingredient around here..lol! :)

19. I’m wondering how you can do this with baked potatoes? They fall apart when you cut them! Unless they aren’t baked all the way….

20. oh my goodness…that looks yummy !! but I do have a question though, would it be possible if I fried the potatoes on a skillet rather then a grill? Would that effect the outcome of the potatoes..

• That would be fine! :)

21. You didn’t add bacon to the ingredients or directions. How much bacon did you use? Is it precooked or do you cook it in the oven once everything is put together? =/
    It sounds so yummy.

• It’s one lb. of crispy/cooked, crumbled bacon. Added on with all your other toppings. :)

22. Recipe sounds yummy but a far cry from “healthy”! All the cheese, bacon, &oil…you would be better off using baked chips, vegetarian refried beans and salsa.

• ‘Healthy’ in the least of important ways..lol! :)

1. 50 Football Party Recipes | chef in training - [...]  Bacon and Cheese Potato Nachos [...]
  2. Super Bowl Party snacking 101: Five perfect menu handoffs for Sunday | Appetizer | Life | National Post - [...] recipe begins with traditional nacho ingredients, but spices things up by adding cumin, chili powder, and bacon and substitutes …
  3. Bacon & Cheese Potato Nachos | the best recipes ever - [...] Bacon & Cheese Potato Nachos [...]
  4. Nachos Nachos & More Nachos! | Food Fanatics - [...] here for [...]
  5. 20 Crowd Pleasing Football Party Foods - […] Cream Cheese Poppers  Roasted Ranch Potatoes with Bacon & Cheese  Buffalo Chicken Nachos  Bacon & Cheese Potato Nachos   BBQ …
  6. Planning For A Party! – Food | QCHomes - […] http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/08/bacon-cheese-potato-nachos.html […]