~Churro Cookies!

19.9K Flares Twitter 11 Facebook 1.3K Google+ 2 Pin It Share 18.6K StumbleUpon 78 LinkedIn 0 Email -- Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 19.9K Flares ×

One of my favorite Cinco De Mayo snacks are Churros.  They’re tender, warm and totally Cinnamony!  I’ve tried and failed to make the authentic version at home, and much like my huge ‘Tamale fail of 2011′..this was a complete disgrace to the culture..lol!

~However, I did find a super simple way to master all that Churro greatness, without any of the embarrassment.

These Churro Cookies are honestly the best cookie I’ve ever had!  All it takes is one bite and you’re hooked.  They’re made from Pie Crust, so they’re beyond buttery, totally flaky and filled with sweet Cream Cheese.  These have a melt in your mouth quality like nothing else your lips have ever experienced!

Make a batch of these for Cinco De Mayo, or anytime you want to indulge in the BEST cookie in the world!

In fact..make 2 batches! :)

What you’ll need for approx. 11 Churro Cookies (double for more):

4 oz Cream Cheese

3/4 cup Sugar..divided (1/4 goes into the Cream Cheese mixture & the rest is for the Cinnamon Sugar mixture)

Pillsbury Frozen/refrigerated  Pie Crust (2ct.)…defrosted.

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

2 tablespoons Cinnamon

2 tablespoons melted Butter

In a medium bowl combine the Cream Cheese, Vanilla and 1/4 of the sugar, set aside…

Unroll both of the Pie Crusts and smear one of them with the Cream Cheese mixture…

Place the other Crust on top and cut out your cookies.  You can use whatever size cookie cutter you like…

With a fork gently mash down the edges to seal them…

Bake them on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees  for approx. 12 minutes, or until they’re firm and slightly golden.  Feel free to make Churro Twists out of the scraps..YUM!

Let them cool, and brush both sides of them with the melted butter…

Now..coat them very well in the Cinnamon Sugar (the remaining Sugar and the 2 tbsp. Cinnamon)…

Take a peek at how amazing the are…

Serve some up, make some friends…

A little more Cinnamon Sugar wouldn’t hurt anything…

Now go for it!  ~Enjoy! :)

1. I really love your link, You have a lot of good yummy food.I look forward to the nextrrecipe.
    Thank you for taking time sharing all
    Of your recipes with us.
    Sandy

• Good looking cookie but website way too redundant. Need to really simplify your site. Wont follow because of that.

• What exactly confuses you about the site, that youd like to see simplified?

• I would not have thought enough about it to initiate a comment….but there are 10 pictures of the final product, which makes the reader “dig” for the instructions. I was already hooked by the picture…but one could see how for such a simple recipe the post is a little cluttered. Again, not a huge deal, but there is some truth in het (albeit curt) comment.

• No..I appreciate that. The site will be changing and I want it to be user friendly! The recipe\printing will be separate from the photos in the new format. That way, whoever likes the pics can see them without them getting in the way of the instructions. Thanks for your input. :)

• I agree with this person. The recipe was lost between multiple pictures. Great site and recipes though! Thanks

• I find this site easy and wonderful! To each her own…..

• Love the recipes, but if you’re trying to make it more “user friendly” there should be some way to put the entire recipe together, rather than spread out. The way it is the user has to cute & paste each section, save, scroll down to cut & paste more, save, & so on & so on. Thanks!

• The new site will have a much better print option! :)

2. LOVE YOUR SITE!!!! Unique recipes! BUT…….. Do I get to blame you for the extra pound on my butt?

3. Thanks Amy! Cant wait to try
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for sharing
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for sharing!
    …how’s that for redundant, Jo? Rude people suck!

• Lol..lol..lol..lol..lol… ;)

4. I really like your site. I’m wondering the bake temperature for these Churro cookies. Think my granddaughters will be making these soon. Thanks

• Bake them on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 degrees for approx. 12 minutes, or until they’re firm and slightly golden. Feel free to make Churro Twists out of the scraps..YUM!

5. Yummy…And I already have all the ingredients…and My wedding anniversary. Just happens to be on Cinco de Mayo…no I am not hispanic, My Husband chose that day, saying he could never forget that date…I think he just wants to party.

6. Love this recipe!!! Can you tell me how much of the vanilla extract you used?

7. ooooo ….I can’t wait to try these cookies …
    am I to assume that they are baked in 350 degree oven??

8. Do not change anything on your website!! It is absolutely fantastic. I have been making your recipes for work. They are enjoying the results and I enjoy the story, the photos, and the ease of the recipes. Thanks!!

9. These look yummy. Will try Sooooon.

10. Oh my gawd! I love these! My daughter and I LOVE Churros!!! So inventive!!!

11. Want to make these but just realized in the picture is a bottle of vanilla. Where does that come in? Not seeing it in the recipe.

• Oopsies…thank you, just fixed it. It goes in with the Cream Cheese! :)

12. You show vanilla in the pic, but don’t list it in the ingredients. How much if any, do we use in the cheese mixture? Also, you say to use 1/4 of the sugar with the cheese. Do you mean 1/4th of the 3/4C, or do you mean 1/4cup?

• 1/4 of the 3/4.. Whatever sugar is left is used for the cinnamon sugar mixture. :)

• Thanks!

• Sorry, but I have to comment on this, because I thought this was someone’s way of being funny. Maybe it still is. But isn’t 1/4th of a 3/4 Cup…….1/4 Cup??? LoL I’m not trying to be sarcastic, but I thought this was really funny.

• Lol..I love to cook..math, not so much! ;)

• Actually, 1/4 of 1 cup would be 1/4 cup and 1/3 of 3/4 cup would be 1/4 cup! 1/4 of 3/4 cup is 3/16 cup (just a little less than 1/4 cup). Not that I think this makes a big difference!

• Ok..haha! Thank you! :)

13. YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!! Has anyone ever told you that…? LOL! I have to make these. RIGHT NOW. I can just imagine how delicious they are!

• Lol..aww, thank you, hope you love them. :)

14. These look fantastic. The problem I have with your blog is when you hit the print button on the bottom… the pin it button hovers over both… I can not get the PDF it will only pin and when I did the print side it is 12 pages. I love the pics but would like a consolidate recipe. Maybe the PDF does that but I can not seem to get that only PIN it

• I tried to do the PDF from the print side and it was 17 pages.

• As soon as the site is finished with its facelift printing will be much easier. :)

• YEA!!!!!

• Yes..those features suck! I’m in the process of revamping the site and those issues will be a distant memory…lol! ;)

15. Re the printing issue: This takes a minute but you can get the recipe in just one page. I use Microsoft Office so a Mac user will need to chime in on how to do it on a Mac! Open Word so you have a document ready – highlight the sentence you want to copy but make sure the picture is NOT highlighted!! use your keyboard and press the control key, hold it down, then hit the “C” key. release the keys. Go to your word document, click on it, press and hold your control key again, press the “V” key, and your selected text will be in your word document. Continue for all the text but don’t click on the pictures! Temporary fix for your readers. It took me about a minute to get the Churro recipe copied using this technique, but it’s all in one page and my Churros are in the oven :) Thanks, Amy, for a site that makes it easy for me and my lovely daughter to make some fun stuff together!

• Thank you! :)

16. I just got done making these, and let me tell you! They are awesome!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

• They honestly are one of my favorite cookies ever..lol! So happy you enjoyed them!

17. Do these taste good once they are cold or the day after?

• Strangely..yes. Lol

18. LOVE..LOVE..LOVE the pictures you include with your recipes, thanks for sharing both!

19. Want to make these tomorrow for a party. Are they good cold or do they need to be served immediately?

• These cookies last and last…room temp is good too, strangely. :). Enjoy!

• Great, thank you!

20. Looks Amazingly Yummy!

21. can you subsitute Greek yogurt for the cream cheese?

• It may be a little watery?

22. This recipe is great… my mouth is watering !!! Can’t wait to go shopping to get what I need for these..Definitely a must !!! Thank you for sharing,they always appreciated !!

23. To those getting 15-20 pages when they print… When I push the print button, I receive a pop-up. I can hover around the top-left of the images I want to remove before printing. The same can be done with the typing. That way I get one image and the recipe on my copy. Also, there is a button on my pop-up screen that says remove images.
    Looks good, can’t wait to make them

24. Good–ness these look delicious and lucky me, I happen to have just such pie crusts sitting in my fridge looking for something to become! (heehee)

25. These look delicious, and I was debating on whether or not to make regular churros. Problem solved. These are going on my dessert table for a big birthday/graduation summer BBQ we are having!

26. Looks easy. I’ll give it try soon. Great web page!

27. Can’t wait to try this recipe. I love Churros. Well. I love anything with cinnamon. LOL

28. sounds yummy

29. The recipe calls for “frozen” Pillsbury pie crusts, but the ones pictured and described are actually REFRIGERATED pie crusts, not frozen ones.

• Either..they can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Just make sure they’re defrosted when you use them..lol! :)

30. I’m so going to make these,,,,they sound delicious…and who doesn’t love cinnamon and sugar…Thanks so much for the recipe. Gina

31. I for one like the way you have the site . it is different than the other sites and I enjoy the comments and occasional oops along the way. maybe you can keep it the way it is but put the whole recipe at the end for those who want it Look forward to the next one!!!

• Yep…the new version will have an easy printable at the bottom! :)

32. How do you print the recipe without all the pictures and comments??

• Just hover your cursor over each section and it will give you the option to delete it! :)

33. Just wondering…the pie crust should be thawed out right?

• Thawed. :)

34. I agree with other comments above. I want to print the recipe, but unable to do so. HELP, HELP, HELP….

• Hold your cursor over each section and you’ll have the option to delete what you don’t want. :)

35. Love your recipes. I see you’re on Pinterest, but do you have a pin button on your recipe pages. It would make life a little easier if someone wants to pin one of your recipes without having to go find your page and hunt down the recipe when it’s right in front of us.

• Yes, each picture for every recipe has a pin button on the uper right side! :)

36. Or you could just write it down. There are only 6 ingredients.

37. Can NOT WAIT to try this tomorrow! The photos are gorgeous! I didn’t mind
    “searching” for recipe instructions throughout.

38. Made them a few hours ago for a Cinco De Mayo party – so yummm! Can’t wait to bring them in a bit. I used Nutella in the middle instead if cream cheese. Thanks for the easy recipe! For those complaining, realize this is a FREE site.

39. I made these yesterday for a bon fire party, and everyone loved them! Me especially!

40. I just made them and they were so yummy…….what I can do with the scraps?

• Twist them up and bake them…dust them in some cinn/sugar! :)

41. I made these today and they were an absolute hit! I ended up using puff pastry dough instead of pie crust but it still worked out wonderfully.

42. And just a note, I copied your ingredient list to my husband in a text without really looking at your pictures (my fault) only later to find out that you didn’t really use FROZEN piecrust, you used REFRIGERATED piecrust. Not a huge deal really, the frozen worked ok, but it did delay how long it took until we could begin baking and I had little kids all worked up and ready to go.

43. How long are these good for? I have a bake sale coming up and wonder if they are a day old will they be too soggy? Also do you need to reheat them to enjoy or are they good cold?
    Thank you!

• Mine were fab the next day. :)

44. I just made these tonigh and they were so yummy! Thank you so much for the recipe. I made a doyble batch because I have a husband that likes sweets (byt gains

45. I like the cookies but my pie crust wasn’t big enough for the cream cheese mixture. I ended up wasted a bit and then trying to cut out the cookies I ended up with cream cheese squeezing out. I had a lot of scraps that I didn’t know what to do with. Bake it? I sealed the edges of the cookies but while they baked the cream cheese oozed out all over. Other than my cooking mishaps they tasted good.

• I had the same experience with the cream cheese oozing out. I plan to make them again, but this time will cut out all the circles, spread the cream cheese on one, not all the way to the edge, and top with another circle. Crimp with fork as pictured. I think this will take a little more time but avoid the ooze! Might take a few tries to get the right amt of cheese on each circle. One tsp? More? We’ll see.

46. These look amazing! And i find the instructions with the photo’s in line with that step very easy to follow. I hope the site does not change too much. Keep up the great posts!
    A

47. These are absolutely yummy!!!!

48. Awesomeness! Very easy to make and great instructions. Not sure if you already had updated them but they were pretty crystal clear to me (instructions). I had to bake them longer but with my gas oven that sometimes happens. Also the crust I used says to bake at 450 for 11-13 min.

49. Made these for a Cinco de Mayo party at my work and they were a HUGE hit! Everyone wanted the recipe!!! Will make them again!

• Yay! :)

50. Is there anything else to put inside instead of cream cheese? or will they still taste good without the cream cheese?

This is such a great idea by the way :)

• Hmm…prob any filling would work..

51. Making these today and using them to make icecream sandwiches. I’ll let you know how they turn out! It can’t be bad:)

52. What do you think about using Pilsbury croissants instead of the pie crusts? The ones from the “popping” can and come out in a sheet, similar to pie crust… I’ve used them to make quick danishes before, you think they would work for these cookies? I may just have to try them tonight anyway…… :)

• Yes..great idea! :)

53. I must be missing something – how long do you cook these for? Do you just bake them?

• Bake them for approx 12 mins..until firm.

54. Tried the recipe using canned croissants as I mentioned in a previous comment… I couldn’t just NOT tell you that they came out amazingly. Trust me. I made them before my summer class and came back a little over an hour later to a clean plate. Your instructions worked well with that dough! For anyone who is budget conscious or coupon crazy, there are often deals and coupons on the Pillsbury crescents and are a fantastic substitution for the pie crusts. Thanks for the great recipe Amy!!!

55. Do these need to be refrigerated because of cream cheese in them?

56. Do these need to be refrigerated due to the. Cream cheese?

• I would..then bring them to room temp, or warm them up to eat them :)

57. People raved about the churro icecream sandwiches!! They were so good:)

58. I am making some for my Mexican friend who is turning 50 next week and she got excited when I told her I am making this, as I am since I want it to be special for her:) Thanks so much for posting this on facebook as well as always having it here on the website in case it’s a huge hit at the party and everyone wants a recipe—I will definitely refer to you! Oh, and also, I am going to make some with chopped apples too…thinking that it can not just be a meal with the cream cheese but a complete meal, ha ha!

1. Churro Cookies. Cinnamon and sugar. Delightful and yummy. Pour that coffee and have a few:) - Where Home Starts - [...] Check it out Here! [...]
  2. Churro Pocket Cookies | Shaina's Bakin's - [...] found this really simple recipe for Churro Cookies via Pillsbury’s facebook page. Pillsbury posts so much good stuff! Linking …
  3. The ULTIMATE Cinco de Mayo Party Guide - […] Nachos | Churro Cookies | Piñata Cookies | Mexican Spiced Dark Chocolate Tarts | Chips and Salsa Cookies Margarita […]