~Bacon Wrapped..Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms!

3.3K Flares Twitter 6 Facebook 760 Google+ 3 Pin It Share 2.5K StumbleUpon 2 LinkedIn 0 Email -- Filament.io Made with Flare More Info'> 3.3K Flares ×

I adore one-bite-wonders!!  I’ve made everything from chips & dips to sammies and drinks, I think I’ve got ‘em all covered!  However, I’ve noticed that all most of these snacks aren’t ..how shall we say, ‘healthy’!  I really needed to work a veggie into the menu just to balance things out..lol!

What better way to enjoy all the health benefits of Mushrooms, than to stuff them with Mozzarella cheese and wrap them in Bacon?

So that’s exactly what I did, and the entire batch was gone in less than 5 minutes!  I guess everyone is on a veggie health kick these days..haha!

Their record speed disappearance isn’t surprising because this is by far, the very best Mushroom appetizer that I’ve ever had!  The Bacon shrink wraps itself around the juicy Mushroom, as the hot Mozzarella Cheese oozes out and creates dark, crispy edges.  All of the juicy goodness somehow turns into its own sticky glaze as they self baste in flavor!

Bacon..1 strip for 2 mushrooms

A block of Mozzarella Cheese ..cut into 1/4″ squares

Button Mushrooms

Remove all the Mushroom stems

Cut little squares of Mozzarella and stuff them to fit inside each Mushroom cap.

Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap one around each Cheese stuffed Mushroom.

Bake them seam-side down on a sheet pan at 350 degrees, for about 30 minutes, or until the Bacon is glazed and crispy!

Serve with a nice cold beer beverage, and make sure that you make more than you think you’ll want/need..because these go super fast!

Enjoy!! :)

1. These actually sound delicious!! Will probably blow my calorie count out of the water, but Yum!!

2. They are yummy..but definitely an indugence! :)

3. Do you bake these at 350 degrees? Or at a lower/higher temperature?

4. I baked them at 350, but 400 would probably get them done a little faster! :)

5. Great with a 1/2 tsp of seafood stuffing over the cheese before the bacon wrap too!!

6. wondering how these would work with baby bellas and fresh mozzerella pearls instead of the block of mozzerella?

• Beautifully!!! And if you’re going the “classy” route..wrap them in Prosciutto?!:)

7. These sound AWESOME and am planning to try them as the main course for dinner tonite, along with a salad. Am using the baby bellas and mozzerella pearls, adding some left over broiled salmon, and wrapping some in prosciutto and some in bacon. Can’t wait to try, with a fresh salad on the side.

8. how many mushrooms ( can you purchase them loose or in a container?)and cheese is it 8oz or 16 oz

1. 5 Christmas Starters and How to Make Incredible Eggnog - […] everything! Try making feta and spinach stuffed mushrooms, ricotta stuffed mushrooms, or even bacon and mozzarella mushrooms and let …