~Fried Jalapeno Poppers!

And..once again, my ‘Sassy Southwest Senorita’ alter ego, makes an appearance with yet another version of a Jalapeno Popper..lol!  What can I say…I like it spicy!  I’m convinced that I could survive on a deserted island with just Jalapeno Poppers, and a few itty bitty other things, like~eh hem..Chocolate & Chocolate! :)

These are the perfect little snacks to spice up any occasion!  They’re the easiest poppers I’ve ever made (and I’ve made LOTS), they’re also the most unique, and definitely up there with the very best I’ve ever had!

The crispy crunchy crust is the perfect little snuggie for the slightly spicy Pepper & super Cheesy filling!  As a bonus, you can customize these and stuff them with anything you can imagine!

And just to seal the delicious deal, go ahead and plunge them deep into a pool of Ranch dressing..Oh yeahhh! :)

*Leftovers?  Simply reheat them in the oven and they’re good as new!

Canola or Peanut Oil for frying..not shown

Large egg-roll wrappers (1 per each Popper)

One egg..to seal the edges

String Cheese (One stick per Popper

Fresh Jalapenos (One per each Popper)

Ranch Dressing..for dipping!

The quantity is up to you..but make TONS!!  :)

Side Note:  In hindsight I’d have par-cooked the Jalapeno somehow before stuffing & frying them.  Either a partial char over a flame, or even a quick blanch in boiling water, just to take the rawness out of them.  They were still d-lish, but I’d prefer the finished product to have a little softer Pepper inside!  :)

If you choose to par-cook your Peppers..do that now however you’d like.  Then skip to stuffing them with the Cheese!

Cut off both ends of each Jalapeno & slice them in down the center in half, creating 2 pieces.  *JALAPENOS ARE H.O.T.~~act accordingly!  ;)

Remove all the “stuff” from the insides of the Jalapeno halves..making sure to get all those seeds out!

Add a stick of String Cheese in between those 2 pieces of the Jalapeno, putting it back “together” with the cheese inside

In a small bowl, mix the egg-wash (1 egg beaten with a splash of water)

Lay out a egg-roll wrapper and brush all of the edges with the egg-wash

Roll up the cheese filled pepper inside the wrapper..at a diagonal, just like an egg roll..making sure to fold in the sides good and tight!

In a large pot, add about 3″ of oil, and get it good and hot!

Carefully drop in a couple of Poppers and roll them around in the oil, until they’re evenly crispy and golden!  Put those old take-out chopsticks to use..they’re PERFECT for Pepper Popper rolling! :)

Drain them on some paper towel

Serve them nice & warm, so they’re ooey gooey D-lish!

Dip them in plenty of Ranch

Take a heavenly bite

Repeat & Enjoy!  :)

1. My sister loves Jalapeno poppers! These look great!

2. Wow, these look fantastic. I try to cut back on my cheese intake but these things are killer. What a clever way to make them rolled in the wrappers. I can see me making these.

3. Mmmmm! These look SO good! I am definitely going to have to try out your recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!

4. Mmm jalapeno poppers are my boyfriend’s favorite! I’ll have to definitely try these, they look delicious! :)

5. Mmm These look soooo good i am definitley making these.

6. can you mix cream cheese in with the cheese stuffing? mmmm

• I haven’t tried it, but if you seal them VERY well, it should be fine! Let me know! :)

• What if you shredded the mozzarella cheese and mixed it into the cream cheese and then piped it into the jalepeno pepper? Just a thought.

7. Love the idea of the egg roll wrappers! Hubby is going to love these. Pinned and thank you!

8. O!M!G! Cannot WAIT to make these! Just found your blog and I’m in love! Between these and the snickerdoodle/Boston cream poppers, I may have to stop looking in the mirror at all! Ever! OMG!

• Yes..this is a “mirror remover” for sure..haha! :)

9. I am wondering, how will the cheese fit inside the pepper? String cheese is longer than a Jalapeno.

• You can either trim it…or have extra cheesy first bites…lol! :)

10. @Author/Chef:

Why not leave the [large] jalapeno peppers almost completely in tact except for cutting off the top, carefully clean out the seeds/guts, filling the pepper with a thick frozen/firm slice of cream cheese [and a thinner slice of string cheese] that’s been sprinkled with garlic, onion cumin powder & fresh cilantro, replace the pepper top [exactly as you sliced it], folding the pepper in egg roll wrapper, (sealing with equal parts floor/water mixture instead of egg white, [this seals in the egg roll contents much tighter] also re-sealing the jalapeno cap with this flour mixture and deep frying the roll? If done correctly, no cheese should escape. Thanks for the recipe!

11. Shut up! Wonton wrappers… that fixes everything! Why didn’t i think of that…

12. Can you bake them in the oven?

• Maria,
      I saw this on pinterest with this advice: Low Fat version: Don’t deep fry, wrap in wonton, brush with olive oil, and bake.
      I’m trying it today!

• Ooo..let me know how those turn out! Yum! :)

• how long and at what temp?

• 350 and until they’re evenly golden! :)

13. I’d add this important point: when working with hot peppers, make sure you wear gloves, and wash very carefully. Be sure you don’t rub your eyes!

14. These look delicious. I had some somewhere (I am too old to remember where) but they were served with a raspberry dip that was absolutely yummy with the poppers. I don’t know where I could find a recipe for it though.

• Carl’s Jr.~~They serve them with the Rasberry dip…my FAVE! :)

15. Some Great, ideas!… People using their “Imaginations”, to “Create”!… “ART”!… in it’s Truest form!… [Who. in their Right Mind, follows a Recipe, "VERBATIM"?...]. A “Boring Cook”!… LOL

16. My Knowledge of Cooking, comes from working in Commercial kitchens, since age 14, washing dishes; trained as a “Short -Order” cook @15; Saute’/Broilerman, at a French Restaurant, in Massachusetts, by 17; A year or so, travelling around Europe, a few Carribean islands, Central American, a short “stint”, in the Phillipines…. Getting a Schloarship, to Rhode Island School of Design, in their Culiary School,@ 27!… I’ve picked up,a few good recipes!… [I can, atleast,. Feed Myself!…

17. These also work wonderful by doing a “casserole”. Once these are fried put in oiled casserole dish, cover with green or red chili, your preference, top with cheese, minced onion and pop in oven until cheese is melted and bubbling.

18. May I suggest using whole, canned jalapenos in order to get rid of the ‘rawness’ of the pepper. I use these with great success in my recipe for Armadillo Eggs :D

• Yes..OMgosh..I just discovered those and they changed my life! :)

1. 14 Ways to Stuff a Jalapeño | Jalapeño - [...] Get the Recipe! [...]
  2. A Plethora of Gluten Free Deliciousness! | glutenfreeprep - [...] *for original version and AWESOME pictures check out Ohbiteit.com* [...]
  3. 31 Fearless Ways To Stuff A Jalapeño Chile - XnY DIY Tutorials - […] ohbiteit.com […]
  4. 25 Super Bowl Snack Recipes {Savory Edition} | Parties 365 - […] Fried Jalapeno Poppers | Oh Bite […]