~Caramello Blondies!

Oh, what a refreshing change it would be if just once..ONCE, a fabulous salad recipe would pop into my head at 2am and wake me up.  I’d fumble around for my “sleepy-time recipe note pad” (don’t ask..haha), and jot down a long list of healthy ingredients for the next day’s blog prep..lol! But as long as there’s such a thing as over the top, sugar filled, sinful treats, I really don’t see that ever happening!  Visions of lettuce just refuse to dance around in my head at night.  However, visions of thick, gooey caramel, gently smushed between 2 layers of the most incredibly soft & chewy Blondie will wake me up out of  a coma even the deepest of sleep!

First of all, let’s admit that those Caramello candy bars are seriously one of the all time BESTEST candy bars ever?!   If you don’t agree, it’s only because you’ve forgotten all about how fabulous they are.

Here’s a gooey Caramelly reminder..you’re welcome! ;)

I used the amazing Caramello as my inspiration for these Blondies!  I recreated the sticky pull of that thick, melt in your mouth Caramel, and lovingly sandwiched it between 2 warm layers of To. Die. For. Blondies!  You’ll be in sweet treat, caramel, blondie heaven!  In fact, before you take a bite, make sure your mom isn’t close by, because you just might slap her, they’re that good..lol!  :)

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (18 oz)

60 individually wrapped KRAFT Caramels..a full bag plus 10, I think!!

1 cup finely chopped Pecans

1/2 cup white Chocolate Chips

1/2 cup of butter…melted

1/3 cup Evaporated Milk

1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (additional)

1/4 cup Powdered Sugar..for dusting

Caramello Candy Bars for garnish..optional

A square 9×9 baking pan.

In a medium bowl combine the cake mix, Pecans, Butter, White choc. chips, and 1/3 cup of Evaporated Milk..mix well!

It will be a very thick dough!

Spray the baking pan with non-stick spray!

Split the dough in half and press one half evenly down into the baking pan.

Bake it at 350 for about 8-10 minutes.

While that’s baking, melt the caramels in a double boiler with the 1/2 cup of Evaporated Milk.

Stir to keep it melting evenly, it’s done when it’s smooth and amazing!

Pour the caramel onto the bottom Blondie layer…set aside.

Now, take the other half of the dough and form  it into a sort of square-ish shape.  I used some flour and a rolling pin to help me!  Use parchment paper under the dough, so  it’s easier to lift onto the Caramel layer.

Place the dough on top of the caramel.  It’s ok if it doesn’t totally cover the top..it will expand as it bakes!  Bake it at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until slightly golden and firm.

Let it cool, and put it in the fridge for about 1-2 hours to set up!

Then you can easily cut into it & plate up a nice big portion!  Top each serving with a Caramello, just for fun!

Have yourself a bite of the ooey-est, gooey-est, caramelly-est Blondie ever..a Caramello Blondie!  ~Enjoy! :)

PS..remember to enter for a chance to win a variety 4 pack, of amazing PB Crave Peanut Butter, contest is open until Sunday, June 24, 2012 at Midnight!  :)

1. They look delicious. I’ll definitely try them when it cools down a bit here. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.
    www dot homemadebest dot wordpress dot com

2. This recipe looks amazing. Cannot wait to try it. Love the Caramello candy bars.

3. oh.em.gee. I don’t just want these, I think I need these!! :)

4. Holy delicious caramel batman! That looks awesome

5. OH MY!!!! I need to wipe the drool from my chin just looking at these…can’t wait to make them….thank you so much for sharing

6. Oh!!! I love caramel. Only bad, I can’t have any right now. Looks great!

• Jamie..thank you SO much for thinking of me!! That’s awesome! :)

7. Wow oh wow oh wow! These look sinful but amazing! What are caramellos? we don’t have them in the UK. I wonder if they’re similar to rolos?

• Much like Rolos, but with a softer caramel center..!Thank you so much, glad you like them! :)

8. Oh my, I think I’m in heaven. These look divine!

9. Mmmm… my mouth is salivating..wish i could eat the screen and have it taste as good as it looks!

10. Will be making these soon…my kids LOVE blondies!

11. Is this a silly question?…will the bottom layer of blondie be overcooked because we’re going to be cooking it twice, once without the top layer of blondie and once with?

12. I can not wait to make these, oh my! They sound amazing. I’ve been trying to what to do with my bag of Carmellos and now I know. :-)

13. OK…I may have to rethink my birthday treat this year…Skip the Turtle Pie and do these instead!!! Thanks Amy!!!

14. What size of baking pan did you use for this recipe?

• It was a square pan..I think 9×9. I like cakes and bars to be thicker, but you could use a 9×13 for a thinner bar! :)

15. Hoping for a suggestion for the pecans (my daughter is allergic to all nuts) I would lo e a substitute if you can think of one that would be complimentary to the dessert

• My husband doesn’t like nuts either, so I always have to think of alternative ingredients. I’m allergic to peanuts so I always substitute sunflower seeds for myself. What about some miniature chocolate chips or miniature M&Ms? Miniature Marshmallows?

16. Oh please don’t let your sleep be interrupted by lettuce & twigs …. these recipes are far more fun!!!! Can’t wait to try this one!

17. Being allergic to chocolate is the reason, I love the fact that there’s no chocolate except for the piece of candy on top that can be left off. It is hard to find yummy, sinfully delicious looking deserts. You have made my day with this one.

Thank you for posting this recipe and once it cools down a lot more in Texas, I will be making these.

18. Oh my goodness what have you done Amy?? I’m drooling all over my screen! LOL

• Hahaha…yay! :)

19. These look delicious!!! Can you tell me what I can use to replace the cake mix? I am gluten free for medical reasons. Not for a fad diet!! I have my own flour mixture that I use. Don’t like using mixes, never have…. I know that they have gluten free cake mixes, just would rather not!!! Would like to try these soon!!!! Thanks!!!

20. Please send me this recipe thru email can’t seem to print it from facebook. thank you soo much

21. I only used one bag of Kraft Caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. I then broke up two 4-oz Caramello bars and put them on the caramel layer before putting on the second blondie layer.

22. I made these for the second time yesterday when we had family over for my boys’ birthdays. I wanted the Caramello to be more a part of the “brownie” so I swapped and put the Caramello pieces in the center and made the caramel sauce for on top. Oh my word! They were awesome! Not one left!

23. These are incredible! I had to leave out the pecans because of allergy, used milk chocolate chips to mimic the chocolate in a Caramello, and used only half the caramels (because I picked up the wrong size) but they were still a hit at a recent party.

24. Boxes of yellow cake mix don’t come in 18 oz any longer. They now come in 16.5 oz or less. How will the recipe have to be adjusted for this?

1. Caramello Blondies | Babe's Goodies - [...] Here’s where I found the recipe: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/06/caramello-blondies.html [...]