~Cheesy Biscuit Bombs!

Soo, are you old enough to remember Bomb Shelters and Bomb Drills?  For the record, I’m not..lol!  But, here’s your warning to find one..and fast!  This is NOT a drill!  Run and take cover, unless of course, you’re ready to be bombed with ooey-gooey Cheese and crazy good flavor that will leave hot, melty & delicious shrapnel all over your belly!  These Biscuit Bombs are my way of taking a typical bread course to Nuclear levels never reached before!

Not only do these fluffy, tender cheese filled Biscuits jazz up any meal..they can almost BE the meal!  With a long-range Cheese stretch that’s capable of reaching you from miles away, escape is not possible!

Hide your will-power and guard it with your stretchy pants..lol!

You won’t find many people around your table running for cover from these Bombs, that’s for sure!  In fact they’ll probably be throwing themselves right into the line of fire!

Your sweet friends and family will be ready & willing to sacrifice their waistlines for the sake of their taste buds…awe, such Heroe’s they are!

These Biscuits will quickly become your kitchen’s weapon of mass diet-destruction capable of killing the self control of anyone in their path!  No one can resist the warm, fluffy seasoned Biscuits, oozing and goozing with hot, melty Mozzarella..very dangerous!  :)

Melty cheesy filled biscuit deliciousness..INCOMING! :)

What you’ll need to bomb at least 8 people:

1 Container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits

3/4 of a pound of Mozzarella..Or your fave cheese!

1/4 cup Olive Oil

1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

1 tsp. Oregano/Italian Seasoning

Dash of salt

Directions a.k.a your direct orders if you’re willing to accept them:

Pop open those Biscuits and slightly flatten each one out, preparing them for their cheesy ammo!

Cube up the Mozzarella into approx. 2″ chunks.

Load those bombs with 2-3 cheese chunks and seal them up very well!  Place them seam-side down onto a baking pan…

Brush them with some Olive Oil…

And a sprinkling of the Parm & Seasoning…

Bake them at 350 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes, or until they’re golden and firm.  Expect some of that cheesy ammo to try and make an escape due to the extreme heat of the oven..lol!  Just let them cool a little bit and the cheese will behave again!

Then…ambush your friends & family with the most delectable hot & cheesy Bombs EVER!  ~Enjoy!  :)

1. how long did you cook them?

• Bake them at 350 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes, or until they’re golden and firm

2. I never buy canned biscuits at the store (not in my grocery budget), but this is a great idea! I’m sure it would work with yeast dough, it would just take a lot longer to bomb myself. (I don’t know that I could subject others to this torture…HA!)

• if you come up with the yeast recipe, let me know!!! I live in Hong Kong and the stores don’t sell the canned biscuits like that. These look amazing though!!!

• I’m thinking this would work with any homemade biscuit dough, worth a try anyway! Please let me know so we can pass it along to others! :)

• all you have to do to make home made biscuits is use flour buttermilk or regular milk but butter is better and some crisco mix it all and roll it out and cut your biscuits thats a southern recipe

• Can you get Bisquick? I bet their biscuit recipe would work well.

• I have used this recipe for years. Originally from White Lily Flour, copied for this answers from Allrecipes site. I knead 8 times, flatten (roll out) and cut out. Fast easy and good.
        Cream Biscuits

2 cups self-rising flour

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
        1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
        2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and cream just until blended. You should have a sticky dough. Use a large spoon to scrape the dough out onto a floured surface. Knead the dough once or twice, then pat or roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into circles using a biscuit cutter. Place on a baking sheet, spacing 1/2 inch apart. If you like drop biscuits, you can skip the this part and just drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet.
        3. Bake in the preheated oven until the bottoms and tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.

• Im sure you could even use a bisquick recipe for rolls if you cant find the canned biscuits or don’t want to mess with yeast rolls…but I agree, yeast would be awesome!! But I can eat yeast rolls plain from the oven!

• I have faith in you:)

3. Oooh, dip these puppies in some marinara sauce – yummmmmo!

4. I made these last night and they were awesome! I added a little garlic powder on top. Don’t let them cool to much or the cheese will set back up and they’re not as good. Happy baking!

• I’m So glad you loved them..and you’re right, HOT is the way to go! :)

5. Did these tonight with sausage gravy. Very much good.

• Sausage gravy, Joe? Aren’t these dangerously good without that? I just tried the biscuits and now I want to add the sausage gravy, lol. I made a late night run to the store for the biscuits & cheese just to make these tonight. They are really good.

• Ohhh sausage gravy is perfect for these. Sunday breakfast!!

6. You are my hero, I just made these. Wow.

• Oh yay!! SO glad you loved them! :)

7. Do you have to use 2 pieces of the biscuit to cover it up or cover it up with ! piece of biscuit ?

• Nope..one Biscuit per Bomb. Just stretch out the dough a little and put as much cheese as you can fit in there, making sure it seals tightly! :)

• thanks (:

8. Holy yumminess batman!!! Can’t wait to make these!

9. We make these all the time, we just call them biscuits. I like your name better. Only difference is I brown and season 1 lb of ground beef and add some in each one. We don’t do the topping either, that sounds delish! We love them for Friday movie night because they are easy to eat in front of the tv! Gonna try that topping this Friday!

10. Made these tonight and added alittle garlic salt…soo yummy! Everyone loved them!

• I’m SO happy you all enjoyed them..and Garlic, YUM! :)

11. I’m trying theese this weekend. I’m going to add a bit of Ham and serve as a main course! Looks Yummy!!

• Ohhh YUM!! Let me know how you liked them! :)

12. Oh My Gravy!!
    We are going to HAVE to try this.
    Just came back from the deli with an assortment of different cheeses …

13. Do you top the biscuit with another biscuit to seal in the cheese or are you folding the dough over?

• Nope, just take one semi-flattened biscuit and stuff it with the cheese..fold it up tightly so it seals and bake! :)

14. I just bought everything to make these with. I also and going to make half of them with pepperoni minis, and set some sauce on the side. Thanks for this recipe!!

15. These look wonderful! Since I have celiac, I think I will try them with gluten-free baking mix biscuits! Thanks!

16. Made these today along with eggplant parm soup. Lord were they good!

• Would you mind sharing the recipe for the eggplant parm soup? It sounds delish!
      Thanks!
      Carol S.

• Sounds great…but that’s not my recipe. :)

17. They look so good , will half to try them cause I am a cheese lover oh yeah ! Looks like they would be good with some spaghetti instead of garlic bread …

18. I love the title of this recipe, and of course, I love anything dripping with cheese.

19. do You use 2 bisquits for one or just one flatten and then molded?

• Just one stuffed and sealed! :)

20. oh my that looks so delicious. I wanna try making it but i live in singapore not sure if they sell those biscuits here. By the way, when u open up the biscuits is it still in dough form like in the pictures?

21. Hi I don’t get dis biscuit dough, wat r the other options to make dem in an easier way. This looks so tempting can’t resist making it for too long. Do lemme know if u have some other brands or wat shud I ask for in da supermarket?

• Couldn’t you simply use scratch biscuits? I prefer them too because I can pronounce all the ingredients. However, sometimes when in a hurry, I’ve been known to use Grands.

• Definitely! :)

22. I just made these the last of them are in the oven i am now in love!!!

23. What would be the best way to reheat them? I’m taking them to T-giving dinner an hour away. I’d like to just bake them there, but that’s not an option.

• I’d just reheat them in the oven at about 250 for a few minutes until they’re gooey again! :)

24. These really look delicious and so easy. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

25. I’m confused-how do you seal them up? Do you just fold them on themselves or do you stick another biscuit on top?

• Just stuff a flattened biscuit with the cheese and fold it up..pinch it together to seal it, and place it seam side down to bake! :)

26. I used pie dough. Not quite the same. But very good.

27. All I have is some fresh mozzarella I bought at the local grocery store today for some caprese tomatoes. Will that taste better? Worse? About the same lol?? I’m curious before I use my expensive fresh cheese lol!
    The store I bought it from is local not cheap LOL!

• To be honest, I haven’t tried it with fresh, and my concern would be the moisture content not giving the biscuits that extreme cheese pull! I would hate for you to “waste’ the good stuff..maybe just invest in the cheaper cheese for this recipe, or if you decide to gamble..please let me know how it turns out! :)

• I made something like this before, a fresh biscuit stuffed with mozzarella and i used fresh mozzarella. They sure didn’t get so amazingly stretchy and melty! Its just my opinion though, but I think fresh mozzarella is good eaten fresh :D

28. For those wanting to do this with yeast dough, angel biscuits would work really well with this. Google “angel biscuits”.

29. I just made these with the Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits and all my friends raved about them! I had several people tell me it was like an orgasm in their mouths!

• HAHAHA…That’s hilarious, and SO awesome! :)

30. Where’s the pepperoni , its my pep recipe only with monkey dough !

• See my “Fried Pizza Poppers”! ;)

31. Great recipe….photos…and writing style! Thanks for sharing!

32. What about shredded cheese? I don’t have any chunk on hand. Have lots of shredded :) These look like a must for an addition to Christmas Brunch :)

• Shredded may be a bit harder to roll up and seal, but worth a try! :)

33. Just made them. DELICIOUS! Great for Christmas Eve appetizers!

34. That looks amazing!!! i’m off to making them.

35. I made these for dinner tonight and my fiancé and daughter loved them! They were so easy and delicious!

36. I need these in my life like I need air. They look SOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!! Thanks.

37. Wow! Can’t wait to try these!

38. Made these with colby jack cheese… yuuuuuum!!! Next time I may add some pepperoni, or maybe some ham. What a great way to use biscuits!

39. Oh, Lord, I saw the picture of these, and immediately flashed oh me sneaking a hearty slice of pepperoni and a mushroom slice in with the cheese…Adios, pizza take-out!

40. I WOULD LOOOOOVE ONE OF THESE RIGHT NOW… (WIPE WIPE THE DREWL…) LOL

41. Made these today with soup! They were awesome! My kiddo had 2!

42. Has anyone tried to make these with string cheese? I wonder how that would work to cut pieces of that up and wrap the biscuit around it.

• It would be just about the same thing! :)

43. I made these with cream cheese for breakfast. I mixed some powdered sugar with the cheese and scooped about a tablespoon into the center of each one. Then I topped it with melted margarine and a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg. My girls loved them. We’re thinking some apples might be good inside next time.

• Oh My GOSH, what an awesome idea ..YUMMM!! Cheesecake Bombs! :)

44. You had me at “cheesy weapon of mass destruction”! haha >.<

45. Although it was probably a bad idea, these were the BEST side for some spaghetti and marinara sauce. I only had to put them in for about 10 min.

46. How many does this recipe make?

47. These are so good! Next ones, using mozzarella and gruyere cheese, hum, or maybe asiago blended in? YUM! This and a salad – dinner!

• Oh yes…please, please let me know how the addition of the other Cheeses are..sounds SO good! :)

48. I added pressure cooked seasoned chicken breast shreds… ummmm YUM

• Oops auto fill. Pre-cooked .. not pressure cooked

49. Omg had these tonight with gnocchi, sausage, and vodka sauce I feel like I gained 10 pounds! Sooooooo good I might try diced tomato inside there’s so many ideas

• Woo hoo! :)

50. So good with bemef stew amd green salad! I used 1 chunk of sharp cheese. Nice!

51. I would like to try them n put a little bit of baked chicken breast in it too.

52. I have some leftover shredded mozzarella and had no idea what to do with it. I don’t cook a lot with cheese. This is going to be a wonderful treat!

53. I love the cheese, but unfortunately this didn’t go over well with me or my family. The mozzarella just leaked too much oil for me to enjoy the biscuit.

• Simply seal them up better next time and use less cheese. They will be less bomb-like that way. :)

54. I’m making these right now, except with crescent rolls because we had no biscuits and I was feeling way too lazy to actually make biscuit dough. I’ll comment back with how they turn out!

55. I also put a little garlic on top and oh gosh they are delicious!!

56. Oh man I can’t wait to try this! I wonder what prosciutto ham and a little tomatoe sauce to dip them in would do.

57. I am making these tonight with garlic pesto grilled shrimp and a green salad. Can’t wait!!

58. I was thinking about trying this recipe with sauerkraut and swiss cheese with a thousand island dipping sauce, kinda like a kraut ball

59. Made these last night and they were so GOOD!!!

60. “Hide your willpower and guard it with your stretchy pants.” LOLOLOLOL!!! I so cracked up at that! Oh my gosh, these look AWESOME! Shame on you for making me look at this and want them! So bad that in fact I’m making them tonight. Such a bad influence! But I love you anyway!

61. These look so delish. My husband emailed me this link and I want to make them tonight. But I have a question – are you splitting one biscuit in half and after added the cheese you replace the top half. Or or you adding cheese on top of one and then placing another biscuit on top. Or…lol… are you just placing the cheese on top of one and stretching the dough around the cheese?

Thank you so much for sharing this. I can’t wait to try it

62. I made these last night with spaghetti.
    These were amazing.
    I already want more.

63. I wish wish wish we had those
    bisuits in our stores in Australia.
    I might email Costco here andd see
    If they are going to stock
    biscuits in freezer rolls. Are
    biscuits like scones?
    With many thanks
    Debra

64. I Make These With pepperoni & Sausage In Them Too… Then Use Spaghetti OR Marinara Sauce…Whichever I Have On Hand, Very DELISH :):) I Call Them Pizza Bombs!

65. Did you spray the pan first?

• No, but it wouldn’t hurt. :)

66. I didn’t have mozzarella so I used a slice of provolone and just ripped into two peices. I know I didn’t seal well enough but still good.

67. I didn’t have mozzarella so I used a slice of provolone and just ripped into two peices. I know I didn’t seal well enough but still good. My cheese was more on the top of the biscuit because of not sealing well of i added a price of ham and made it more sandwhich like which was delicious.

68. These were sooooo good. Used shredded mozzarella cheese and I think they
    closed up fine. Barely any leakage. Mixed about two tablespoons butter with
    Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and a pinch of garlic salt. Sooooooo yummy

69. My husband is not a big eater, he’s never been one for home cooked anything (the man once opted for Wendy’s Drive Thru on Thanksgiving before I met him). I made these biscuits… and now every time I make any kind of pasta I hear “You want some biscuits and mozzarella? How are we on parmesan?” It’s his new favorite.. and quite possibly the reason we’ve both put on some weight…

70. have you ever made these with baby Brie? just curious

• No, but omg…yummm! :)

1. Food Chronicles: Cheesy Biscuit Bombs | - [...] Cheesy Biscuit Bombs Photo courtesy Oh Bite It. [...]
  2. Last Thing Thursdays - [...] I Drooled Over. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs… [...]
  3. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs! | College Girl's Thoughts - [...] http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/10/cheesy-biscuit-bombs.html [...]
  4. BOMBA DE PÃO DE QUEIJO « porque emagrecer é preciso!!!??? - [...] Fonte: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/10/cheesy-biscuit-bombs.html [...]
  5. Mama’s In The Kitchen: Biscuit Bombs! | therennerlife - [...] This picture is taken directly from the website. [...]
  6. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs - Sweet N Sour Deals - [...] HERE for full [...]
  7. Simple recipe – Cheese bomb biscuits - [...] enticed me to try to this recipe for cheese bomb biscuits from Oh Bite [...]
  8. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs: 1 Container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits, 3/4 lb Mozzarella, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan, 1 tsp. Oregano/Italian Seasoning; Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes Where Home Starts - [...] Click for More Details [...]
  9. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs: 1 Container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits, 3/4 lb Mozzarella, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan, 1 tsp. Oregano/Italian Seasoning; Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes - Where Home Starts - [...] Click for More Details [...]
  10. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs | What2Cook - [...] Recipe: Cheesy Biscuit Bombs [...]
  11. Applebutter Pie and Cheesy Biscuit Bombs | As For Me and My House - [...] The only problem I had was that most of the cheese melted out onto the pan which fortunately I …
  12. Pinterest Review: Cheesy Biscuit Bombs | Stumbling upon Happiness - [...] I had to give them a try. So, I fol­lowed the pin on over to Oh Bite It and …
  13. Cheesy Biscuits Recipe - Raining Hot Coupons - [...] Inspired by Oh Bite It [...]
  14. Tasty Tuesday – 9/17 – Cheesy Biscuits | My Window to the World - [...] found on Pintrest. From the site. Oh Bite It!. These are wonderful too! Also all eaten and then copied …
  15. Fooling Around With Food | Strand Style - [...] could eat these cheese bomb biscuits from http://www.ohbiteit.com daily, and always make them for special [...]
  16. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs - […] For more details please visit this link were you will find instructions : ohbiteit.com […]
  17. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs from Oh,Bite it | Food Recipes, Food Tales, Tips & Tricks and latest Trends - […] Oh,Bite it […]
  18. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs | I Sing In The Kitchen - […] at me from my Must Make This board was a photo of these Cheesy Biscuit Bombs. Definitely pop over …
  19. Fingerfoods and Appetizers - […] We made pepperoni pinwheels, and Philly-Ham pinwheels, loaded potatoes, pigs in a blanket and BBQ smokies, apple nachos along …
  20. Fresh Baked | ~Cheesy Biscuit Bombs! | Oh Bite It - […] Cheesy Biscuit Bombs: 1 Container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits, 3/4 lb Mozzarella, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/4 …
  21. Cheesy Biscuit Bombs | seafoodmaniax - […] http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/10/chee…uit-bombs.html […]
  22. Better Than Take Out | simply lyndsay - […] made some incredible sides too. the cheesy biscuit bombs. champagne pear gorgonzola salad (no peppers). roasted broccoli (just olive oil, salt, …