~Apple Pie Cookies!

You know when you bake an Apple Pie, or any fruit pie for that matter, and you get those oozy baked sugar, chewy-ish bits of leaked fruit that gets all caramelized to the crust?  They’re kind of hard to explain..I think they need a name, I’m open to suggestions! :)

Watch them being made right >>HERE!

Anyway, that’s my absolute favorite part of a fruit pie!  How great are those sticky little chewy bites..omgosh?!  They’re warm, gooey bits of Pie Heaven and are my inspiration for these cookies.  Gone are the days when I have to rudely pick away at a pie just to grab up those nuggets, my Mom will be proud..haha!  :)

Now I can maintain a pretense of manners, since I have my very own caramelly, fruity, chewy & sticky Apple Pie Cookie all to myself!

These Apple Pie-like Cookies are made of real Pie Crust layered with sticky Caramel, and a slathering of Apple Pie Filling, topped with a flaky and adorable Cinnamon & Nutmeg lattice crust..HELLO Fall!

Each and every bite offers the very best part of an actual Apple Pie, with all of the convenience of a Cookie!  NO fork required..woo-hoo!

Seriously the best cookie I’ve ever had!

To. Die. For. Delicious!

What you’ll need for 6-8 good sized Pie Cookies:

1 Box of frozen Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 sheets per box)

Approx. 1 Can of Apple Pie Filling (just enough for a thin layer)

Approx. 1 Cup of Caramel Sauce (just enough for a light coating)

1 Egg..for egg-wash

2 tbsp. Cinnamon/Sugar

1 tbsp. Nutmeg

Flour just for sprinkling

A round cookie cutter..any size you like

Lay out a sheet of Pie Crust, sprinkle it with some flour and slightly roll it out, just to increase its surface area.

Pour some of the Caramel Sauce (Just enough to coat the crust) onto the crust and evenly spread it around, creating a thin layer of caramel…

Coarsely chop the Apple Pie Filling into small pieces…

Top the caramel layer  with a layer of the chopped up Apple Pie Filling, making sure not to add too much pie filling…

Roll out the second sheet of Pie Crust the same size as the first sheet, and slice it into strips…

Create a lattice crust (just like on a pie) for the top of the pie filling…DON’T do what I did and create the lattice on the counter, it’s not fun getting it on top of the bottom crust..ugh!  ;)  Create your lattice on top of the actual filling, as if it were a pie!

Dip your cookie cutter into some egg wash and cut out your Pie Cookies…

Brush the tops of them with some egg wash and sprinkle them with the Cinnamon Sugar and Nutmeg..

Place them onto a baking sheet and bake them at 350 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes, until they’re golden and firm.   Let them cool just a little..

Pour a glass of cold Milk and grab a warm one, or 5…

Open up and bite into the juiciest, chewiest, fruitiest Apple Pie Cookie ever…

And then take another bite! ~Enjoy! :)

1. Good Stuff

• I haven’t even made them yet and I am salivating. Will make these first chance I have.

• What about cutting each circle into 8th’s then rolling up from the large side–crescent roll style. Sprinkle cinnamon/nutmeg on top then bake?

2. What do you do with the undeservedly-named “scraps”?

• Hmm..make some Cinnamon Pie Crust knots! :)

• What is a pie crust knot

• exactly what it sounds like

• I would just make room for them on the parchment lined cooking sheet . . . who says they HAVE to be round. . I bet I could eat them whatever shape they are. LOL

• TRUE Mitzy! :)

• OR make room for them in my belly!

• i’m planning on just cutting them into squares before baking. waste not want not :)

• Great minds think alike!

• Exactly what I did! Just sorta mounded them to the side (for ‘quality control, don’tcha know). I WOULD suggest, though, using parchment paper, and not waiting to cool them on the racks. Also, I rolled out my bottom dough too thin, and also (probably) chopped the apple filling too finely. The cookies looked a little too gooey in the oven, but I’m glad I test-batched them before making as a gift!

• I may add a little tapioca dry mix to absorb some of the jucie and I love the idea of cutting and baking whatever shape not to waste

• I’d just cut-in-to squares…. circles look cuter but squares… leaves nothing to question

• make the cookie square then there will be no waste

• You honestly are so brilliant, it’s such a simple thing yet I certainly wouldn’t have thought of that.

• That’s what I thought. Cookies don’t have to be round. Might have a few odd shaped ones from the edge but I’m not going to waste any of it.

• Brilliant, as are most people named LISA ; )

• i had the same thought. you are so smart.

• Except for that to work the pie crust you were using would have to be square. And last time I checked, they are round… But nice thought.

• roll them out in a rectangular shape. that should work.

• Or, you could leave them round and just bake the whole thing on a round pizza stone. Use a pizza cutter to slice into “pie” slices!

Voila! apple pie cookie pie! LOL!

• LOVE that idea! :)

• My family has always brushed leftover pie crust dough with egg, sprinkled cinnamon sugar on it, and baked it until it was golden and pie-crusty. The yummy scraps never get to cool because the bakers and whoever else is in the kitchen eats it the instant it is cool enough to eat. Arguably the best way to eat leftover homemade pie crust.

• just roll out the scraps and brush with melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon sure and bake till golden

• Make little rolls…….dip the left over pie crust in then left over pie filling( if there’s any left ) and then with your cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkle it on then roll it up then repeat the process then put it in the oven with mini cookies and only cook it for 7 to 8 min. ( AND DON’T FORGET THE EGG WASH!!! )

• Had the same issue… I felt like it was such a waste! And everyone called them the misfit “ugly cookies”. The next time around I cut out the cookies first, then I loaded them and did lattice over each one of them individually. Took some extra time, but it was so worth having that many more of the “pretty cookies”.

3. fabulous idea…yummy…can’t wait to try these. Ty for sharing :)

4. Making these now :) how do you keep the caramel from spreading all over the counter?? I don’t know what this ammature did wrong, but that’s was the messiest mess I’ve made in a while! Haha
    On to my second batch!!

• Just brush a small amount of caramel onto the bottom crust at a time! :)

• what would be a suitable replacement for the caramel? (I really dont like it and it gives me headaches.)

• You can leave it out! :)

• Make sure you use caramel sauce, not caramel syrup. The sauce is thicker!

5. The chewy-ish leaked bits of fruit on the crust? Simple. How about ‘fruit caramel”?

BTW LOOOOVE your blog, and all your recipes!! and I just started reading them, today! ^_^

• Ahh..YES, Fruit Caramel! Mmmm! :)

• May I ask what is fruit caramel? LOL not much of a cook here, nor a baker, but this looks like something I could do. :)

• Gooey, baked fruit goo. :)

6. Oh my gosh! These look amazing and so easy! I am going to make them with the grandkids this weekend.

7. Oh can’t wait to make these. I know what I’m doing this weekend and if a huge success I will add them toy Christmas desert table yum yum

8. Just joined pinterest and wouldn’t u know ….. I find my absolute all time favorite recipe ” apple pie ” in a awesome cookie recipe!!!! Can’t wait to make these…. Love …love love it!!

9. When I was reading the steps to make these I worried about them sticking to the fruity sticky carmelly-ness sticking to the cookie sheet. I am thinking that lining the cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat might help you rescue every fruity sticky carmelly morsel. . .YUM! My husband is a huge apple pie fan–thinking these might join the Christmas baking list this year. Thanks for sharing.

• Yes, great idea..I did have to fight with them a bit..but I won! LOL! :)

10. YOU are amazing!! I can’t wait to try this yummy recipe out. Thank you for all the pictures and details. You are my kind of girl!
    What size of cookie cutter did you use? Where did you purchase it? Thanks :)

• Use the lid of a jar, or turn a cup upside down!

11. So if i wanted to make a huge batch of these, would I just double the ingredients?

• Yep..just do the foodie math! :)

12. I was wondering if I could use fresh apples instead and how? Also how many dozens does this make ? Thanks

• That’s a good question..I used the canned for the sticky, gooeyness. Maybe if you use fresh, make a compote of some sort! If you make them as large as mine, you will have to double or triple the recipe for a dozen! These are large cookies. You could alwways use a smaller cookie cutter. :) ~Enjoy!

• I make my own fillings for what ever I am making at the time. I use the same recipe just change the fruit I use. In this case I would peel core and chop whatever apples I have on hand and throw them in a small pot. Then add 2 Tblsp of flour, 2 Tblsp lemon juice, 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/2 cup sugar. Cook on med/low heat until apples are soft and gooey. Stir ingredients while cooking occasionally.

• Thanks for the info. I definitly will make my own filling.

13. Wow your recipes are just fantastic and fairly easy…thanks so much!

14. These are AB-so-LUTELY amazing! I will be making these with my scouts in December for sure. Thanks for the great pics and the recipe.

15. How many would u say these make? They look incredible!

• That depends on the size cookie cutter you use, I used a large one so it made about 6-8 good sized cookies. :)

• Awesome, thankyou soo much! I cant wait to make a batch or two today.

16. These look absolutey delish & fairly easy to make (or fun ;)! can’t wait to try them

17. Are they good cold?

• If you like cold Apple pie, then yes! ;)

• Leave em hot and use them as a garnish for home made vanilla ice-cream, I say.

18. These cookies look amazing!! I will def be making them to go into my Christmas cookie tins for our friends and neighbors!! And some for me too, and maybe my husband….. Haha! Thanks for the great recipe!! :)

19. I bet cherry pie filling would be good to….yumm

• That’s what I was thinking. I am NOT a baker by nature – so I panicked a little when I got invited to a Cookie Exchange Party. These look perfect, but would it work with cherry pie filling? Would you use the caramel still? Something else?

• I think instead of caramel and light glazing of chocolate would be so good! Like a cherry garcia cookie. Mmm Mmm yum

20. That. . . . IS. . . . GENIUS!!!!!!!

21. im going to the store right now to get the stuff to make these!!! they look sooo yummy!!!

22. I’m thinking they would be less messy if you cut out the cookie rounds first then brush them with the caramel & top with the filling & lattice top. These look really good.

23. These look delish and I can not wait to try them!!!

24. You can even cut them into pie slices so that you don’t waste any of the dough….yum!

• Great idea!

25. For one batch, about how many medium sized apples should I use? I prefer to make my own pie filling, especially since I have a bag of apples that I would love to use. Or if it’s easier, how many cups of the completed pie filling? I can always freeze the rest!

26. looks great going to try this

27. Just wanted to say, these look wonderful! But I really don’t like caramel. Do you have to use it? If so, how much caramel do you taste?

28. im going to make them and try them for christmas I hope there good

29. I just popped them into the oven and they already have my house smelling wonderful!!! Thank you for the awesome recipe!!

30. How about calling them Apple Pookies? Pie+cookies:-)

31. I’m not much of a baker, looks pretty easy IF followed directions. ???

32. Name? How about Luscious Baby Pies?

33. This is neatest idea I have seen in a Long time – can’t wait to try this, would be so neat for neighbors & friends or work!!!

• Why not just use a ‘whoopie pie pan’? It would hold the filling in better.

• What a great idea. going to try this.

34. These look so yummy..

35. OMG am I going to HAVE to make these!!!!!!!

36. How about using Christmas cookie cutters?

37. These look absolutely mouth watering! They are also very beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Warmest Wishes,
    Annamaria

38. I love this, I wll be makeing them for our craft fair in December, I will let you know how it turns out.

39. Just made these for my husband-needless to say they were a hit! I had never made a “lattice top” so I learned something. It was a bit disappointing that I only ended up with eight cookies but took the extra and made little bitty bites. Thanks for the recipe!

40. Terrible pintrosity… So sad! The filling was all over the cookie sheet. Don’t know what I did wrong :( . My husband was obsessed with me making these cookies, he’ll be heartbroken when he sees the outcome! Poor thing!

• Val..I modified the recipe because rolling out the dough is subjective and everyone’s bottom crust will be a different size. You most likely followed the amounts, but overloaded the fillings. If you try them again, just spread a light layer of caramel…proportionate to your size crust, and top it with a thin layer of chopped pie filling! Make sure that your cookie cutter has plenty of egg wash on it, and that your edges are well sealed! Hope you give them another try..hi to your hubby! :)

41. I will have to try these! They look pretty yummy!
    I think you may just want to call that caramelized stuff “the finger-lickin’ sticky stuff” that tastes so good! You must have like the crust the best when eating homemade pies? :)

42. Just made these tonight, and OH MY LORD are they PERFECT!! So delicious! Definitely a follower of your bkg now :) Thanks for sharing! Btw, I was able to get 13 out of a single batch, but my cookie cutter was just a hair smaller than a standard sized PB lid – almost had to improvise!

• YAY!! I’m SO happy you loved them! If you ever want to change them up, all other fruit fillings work great too. I LOVE Blueberry with a sprinkling of white sugar instead of all the cinnamon spices! :)

43. Unbelieveably delicious! I will most certainly make these again!

44. Dear Lordie, what are you doing to me?! I was actually baking these little gems this evening..baking…I don’t do baking. They came out soooooo dee lush us!! Thank you for making it so cute, quick and painless!! My hero ;)

45. I can’t wait to make these for my boyfriend! He loves the crust and caramelized parts also and I didn’t know how to make it for him. I’m excited!

46. I wonder if you could add cream cheese to the recipe?? Looking forward to trying this tonight. I may even experiment with the cream cheese and use a blue berry filling!

47. I could use lattice lessons. Looked so simple but for me it was difficult Cant wait to perfect this recipie

• The lattice is tricky for sure..you should’ve seen me do it!! It was sad and funny! :)

48. Wouldn’t it b easier and cleaner to cut the dough into rounds first then individually top them with caramel Apple and lattice

• Hmm..that may be worth a try, but the cookie cutter through both layers is what seals them! :)

• So here’s a thought–crimp the edges of the 2 layers of pie dough with a fork like what you do when baking a 2 layer pie crust.

That would seal them on the cookie sheet.

49. Mine came out wonderful!!! My husband is raving over them.. I even stuck the “scraps” in and am snacking on them while I cook dinner. Thanks for the recipe! This is a keeper!

50. Has any one tried making freezing and then cooking them just before serving. Want to make these for the office Christmas party.

• I just signed up with Pinterest and found this recipe. I am making my fresh green apples to use on these great looking cookies. I don’t see why they can’t be frozen and baked later on. I experiment with many things, small amounts of course and find out what can be frozen, what not. I will try with one small cookie tomorrow. Will let you know later.

51. I don’t cook, don’t bake and with this recipe I won 1st place at a cookie exchange party!!!!! They are simple to make and so deliciousssss thank you for sharing it!

• WOO HOO!!!! YAY…this made my day! :) CONGRATS!

52. To solve the issue of running caramel sauce, use Lyon’s carameel sauce it comes sueeze in bottle with a narrow opening, you have control of the amount of sauce you want to put on the bottom pastry.

53. To make clean up fast and easy use parchment paper on cookie sheet, clean up is a snap.

• GREAT idea! :)

54. Just made these with a couple of friends for teacher gifts. AMAZING. We did cherry and apricot also. The options are endless. Definately a keeper. Thanks for the great recipe

55. They’re in the oven as I write this, they look so good, I took the scraps from cutting circles and just kind of pushed them together and made little piles to bake, those will be our taste testers so we leave all the nice ones for company

• GREAT idea! :)

56. Going to try making these today! they look so good!

57. So I made these yesterday and they are so so so good and cute and I will absolutely make them again. Really, they went together surprisingly quickly, I used a smaller cookie cutter so I would have more. Try them, you wont be sorry!

58. HALLELUJAH! Just found my office Christmas Gift for 2013. I’m thinking that a really good jam or preserve would work equally well-just sugar and fruit that has already been cooked, right? Raspberry, triple berry, apricot, marmalade. I bet they show up on this years Christmas dessert table You rock Amy!

• Ohhh yes…what a great idea to use Jam, even easier! Thank you, hope you love them!! :)

59. Just made these and they turned out awesome. I cut out the bottoms individually then put the caramel and apples on. I also did the lattice work and then cut them out and transferred it using a wide spatula. Was very easy and I used up all the pie crust without any waste. Thanks for the great recipe!

• Great idea, so glad you liked them! :)

60. Just finished making a double batch for a party tonight. I have a belly ache now cuz I can’t stop eating from the scrap pile. And yes, by all means – take the scraps and make little scrap pies along with the cut ones, they are absolutely deee lish! Thanks for sharing Amy and Merry Christmas to you!

• SOOO happy you enjoyed them! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

61. These cookies look so good and look so easy to make.The pics were so real and smelted so good. Thanks!

62. My daughter and a friend made these yesterday, they are so delicious!!! We have plans to make some more!!

63. Just made these and they are AWESOME! Didn’t want to dump the left over pieces so I just made some haystack looking things and they came out really good.

64. Amy, your pics are SO amazing! I think I can actually taste the goodies just from the pics! Can’t wait to try these cookies; my hubby loves apple pie, and as you said, no fork required! :)

• Thank you SO much Marie! :) I hope you all love the cookies..just remember to fight the urge to over stuff them, so they don’t leak during baking. Although the messes are tasty too! ;)

65. I love all these recipes but need a shorter version to print??? How can I do it???

• Hi Jeanie! Click on “Print Friendly” and simply hover your cursor over each segment, you will then have the option of deleting unwanted text and/or pics! :)

66. I would LOVE to send these to my deployed husband, do you think they would survive a trip before it gets too hot out? Any suggetions? I sent him a prepackeged Entenmman’s pie during his last deployment and he told everyone I had made it before I was able to say it was store bought, so now I would like to make something real and shareable. Thank you!!

• I think they’d be fine as long as you pack them well! ~Good Luck! :)

67. I’d love to try making these with cherry pie filling. Any recommendations on doing that? Would I just use the filling and leave out the caramel? What to sprinkle on top (if anything)? Still chop up the cherries in the filling? I’m terrible in the kitchen, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Hi Jenna! YES..any Pie filling would work, just don’t add the caramel. Chop up the filling so it’s easy to eat. And with Cherry you could even do a “Black Forest” version and smear some Chocolate sauce on the bottom instead of the Caramel..before adding the Cherries! :)

68. These are freaking awesome! Why didn’t I think of it?! I have to make them come fall time again. They’d go great with the Pumpkin Pie Cookies I made last year.

69. In order to cut down on the messy part, I’m wondering if the dough could be rolled out, & the cookies constructed & cut out right on the lined cookie sheet itself. All you would have to do then would be to remove the scraps from around the cut out cookies & then bake! Don’t forget to bake the scraps, too.

Amy, these cookies look & sound to die for! Thanks for sharing! I added your recipe to my blog site, giving you credit…..I did adapt it to my blood type-o diet, though! Can’t wait to try making them & other variations. TY again!!!

70. I found this through Pinterest and I made them tonight and my boyfriend absolutely loved them! I didn’t do the fancy work with the dough so I just layed the dough on top and then cut them out with a glass cup. I’ve been informed that I have to make them more often–Thanks for the recipe!

• YAY..Thank you for the feature! :)

71. I just made these with big heart-shaped cookie cutters. SUPER good, and now with a touch of whimsy. I think I’m going to do them for my bridal shower later this spring. I, too, made a mess with the caramel, but I am caramel-obsessed and love how easy they are. Thanks!! :-)

72. These look so delicious. Can’t wait to try them out. I am your newest pinterest follower ida@secondchancesgirl. I also l iked your FB page! Can’t wait to try all your recipes!

• Thanks for letting me know, my watermark was not cropped out so it seems as though it was just a share. Glad you found me though! And thanks for watching out..there’s been a lot of shady stuff going on lately! ;)

73. These look delish! I may put them into my muffin top pans to bake them. Definitely have to try these. Thanks!

74. Omg! I just made these to bring for Easter tomorrow and I’m not sure there are going to be any left, they are AMAZING!!!! I cut mine into little hearts and I got 40 cookies(they are about the size of macaroons) this is seriously heaven in a cookie. Awesome recipe :)

• Woo hoo! YAY!

75. Just made these for Easter using flower shaped cookie cutters. They were a big hit with everyone. Thanks for the easy and yummy recipe. :)

76. Hi there :-)
    I’ve never baked anything in my life and this is going to be my first attempt. Can someone please tell me if these are meant to be heated up before serving or eaten cold? Also, how long do they keep for?
    Thanks so much for the help! Can’t wait to try them!

• Hi Brenda! Oh gosh, your first time? …I feel so much pressure..lol! They are good at room temp. And will last in a container for a few days. If you want to warm them up in a low oven before having a few, they’d be great that way too. :). Good luck!

77. I can hardly contain my excitement over this! Sheer brilliance. Thanks for sharing!

78. I’m sorry but maybe I did something wrong…there wasn’t nearly enough crust to make the lattice top! Unless you roll it extremely thin or cut the strips really tiny!!!! Or buy two boxes of crust?

79. Everyone I know loves apple pie and other filling flavors like cherry for me lol. I am so glad I found your site….everything is so adorably cute and sound delicious, thank you! :^) !!

80. How about Apple Pie Caramelettes? (because they look like french fruity tartelettes)

81. Great Idea! Carmel Apple cookies…

82. Just made these. YUM! I didn’t want to fuss with the lattice top so I just topped it with the full crust and pricked the top with a fork. Works great.

• Perfect! :)

83. This looks totally amazing!!! I’m trying it soon.

84. boy when it says use a small amount of caramel sauce they aren’t kidding! and they sure are a mess(at least mine were)

• Just a light layer of caramel. :)

85. These were so fun and yummy to make! I cut the scraps into pieces and placed on another cookie sheet, they turned out yummy and a little crunchier! This recipe is a keeper!

• Great idea! So happy you enjoyed them! ;)

86. These were known 100+- plus years ago as “Hand Pies” and were made with meat or fruit, with an upper and lower crust, and packed in brown bag lunches. Just not made as fancy. They were cut in rectangles, circles, squares, etc.

• Great!

87. A friend introduced me to your site~ Love it!! – and of course you have a great name :D OMG yum!! Think I’m going to try this with blueberries.
    Did you know there is caramel- apple pie filling? I use it often- great shortcut. :)

88. too fun not to make these. and the children will see them as “my size” pies. who doesn’t love that?

89. This is an amazing idea!!
    I am so excited to make these at work
    where I am the baker.

90. Amy, I think you ought to stop baking/cooking just long enough to RUN FOR PRESIDENT! LOL ;) You’re absolutely remarkable smart. Thanks so much for the recipes, I will definitely be making these. And you’re right, I can see this working with any kind of fruit. :)

• Thaaaat is hysterical! Hahaha…thank you though! ;)

91. Gonna have to try this I love Apple Pie, So I know I will love these Apple Pie Cookies. Thanks a million for the recipe. :)

92. Gonna have to try this, I love Apple Pie, so i know I will love these Apple Pie cookies. Thanks a million for the recipe. :) <3

93. These look like something i would have to try at least once,they do look good.
    have to check them out one day.

94. how to make caramel sauce???

95. great page but could you put the the recipe and directions all together at the bottom so it would be easy to copy and print thnak you keep’em coming

• Absolutely! The revised site (coming soon) will be much more user friendly! :)

96. You are amazingly creative for coming up w/this recipe. It is such a pretty cookie to look at I’d hate to bite into it! However, the aroma would probably convince me to go for it!
    I like the idea of a square cookie for the tidiness of it, but round looks mighty good. I think the remainders, not scraps, are for the cook! : )) Let’s think of them as tip for a job well done!
    Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe. ^___^

97. try baking it in a 9×9 pan,cutting it in squares (no waste). Lazy persons way. LOL

98. I would never get thru the lattice top. Thought I would lay bottom down. Add Carmel and apple filling add the top crust, seal two together, prick the top crust and cook in large pizza stone or baking sheet. Cut into pieces when done.

• Awesome idea! :)

99. I am going to try this using raspberry filing..

100. I don’t think we can get the pie crust your using in England, I’ve never seen it before, anyone know what the equivalent would be? Thanks in advance, I was brought up on apple pie and can’t wait to give this a go!

• Just google a simple from scratch pie crust. :)

• I’ve made them using a just roll puff pastry rolled really thin, they were delicious! Thank you for this amazing creation, going to try them with strawberry next! X

• I live in Ireland had the same problem…..used tesco own brand shortcrust pastry in the fridge instead. Hope thats a help. I was lazy and used lemon curd tesco own brand again instead of the carmel. Still turned out delicious

101. Now this looks delish! I must try these and share with my brunch club friends.

102. I made these today! My kids took them as teacher appreciation gifts with little apple cards they made that said “If teachers were apples,I’d pick you!” They were a big hit. Soooo yummy! Making another batch this evening for my husband :)

• Yay! :)

103. I like apple pie so I will be trying this cookie out oh yummy yum for my tummy tum

104. You are a cookie Genius! Thanks for sharing. Can hardly wait to try these:)

105. Totally freaking awesome idea. Only thing I would change is the cookie cutter. I would make them square. That way, you could roll the crust into a square/rectangle, and cut with a knife, not wasting any extra cookie, like how I make tea biscuits. Who says cookies can’t be square?
    Great idea Amy :)

106. Wish there was a gluten free recipe for this. My mouth is watering, just looking at the pictures.

• Me too!

• I’m going to search for GF pie crust on Pinterest… I know I’ve seen a few… There is always a way I say… lol

• Pillsbury now makes Gluten Free pie crusts :-)

107. I’m going to make the for my next group meeting. I wonder if it works with peaches.

108. I just made these cookies ,so very easy and very yummy thanks for the recipe looking forward to receiving more.

109. Can you do a peach recipe?

• Yes..yum! :)

110. Just made these… Though I haven’t made a lattice in years I think these came out looking great.. They’re in the oven now but they look scrumptious!!

111. I just saw these gorgeous little cookies, but it seems such a waste to cut out circles, so I did squares instead – perfect!!!

112. I made these today -had no caramel so substituted with sweetened concentrated milk- and they are amazing. The gooey part is divine. Thanks for the awesome idea.

113. I made these today and oh YUMMY my family ate them like they had never seen cookies before!! I only used the one pie crust and bought the frozen lattice
    and thawed them and they worked wonderful and no mess trying to get them off
    the counter!!

114. wow! these look spectacular! definitely saving this recipe. what a clever idea! i will using peaches in mine. yum!

115. I just finished making these and they are delicious.Will definitely make again…thanks for sharing the recipe.

116. Why did I have to see this cookie link on Facebook when we don’t have a working oven?!?!?! We are going shopping for one tomorrow but probably won’t get it delivered for a week or more.
    This will be my first “baked” item I try once I have my new oven!
    I’ll probably stick to the original apple & caramel ingredients the first time, using a smaller cookie cutter, but may use peaches the 2nd time, probably omitting the caramel, even though I love it. (Hard to believe peaches weren’t mentioned until May! LOVE peaches!!!)

117. Love the look of these and would love to make them, but I live in New Zealand and we don’t have Pilsbury Pie Crusts here. Is it a sweet shortcrust pastry or a flaky pastry?

118. I can’t wait to try this recipe…! It looks yummy…! The only thing I want to know is the size of the cookie cutter…!
    Nicole

• I think it was a 3″ round.

119. CARAMEL APPLE BITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yum

120. I love this idea!!! I’m thinkin pumpin filling, egg and brown sugar n spices with crushed pecans? Mmmmm the possibities are endless!!

Thank you!!!

121. Made these tonight but with cherries instead. They were awesome!! Will make again!!! Thanks for the recipe!

122. “Pie Heaven” I think you already found your name. I’m not a big fan of fruit pies but these do look yummy and just enough for me.

123. I tried making these today and I found that the pie crust got so soft and that made it really hard for me to lift up to place on the cookie sheet. So some of the cookies weren’t all that round. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Ps love your blog!

124. You could just square cut them then cook them or do a big slice and cut afterwards….
    This way you would use the whole of the pastry and apples ! <3

125. Just made these for the first time- but I had lost the recipe so I made it from memory- had most of it right. Next time will add more of “my” spices to the apple pie mix- and def remember the egg wash. I made some with a cut out to go on top instead of lattice. Looked nice, not quite the same effect. I will try again now that I have found the recipe. I wasn’t thrilled with the first batch, but the next will be Yumilicious!
    I scooped up the scraps in little piles and baked them along with the “real” cookies- and they were tasty! I served them with a “dip” of whipped creme.

126. Do you have a link for the pdf file of the recipe. I try pushing the link for pdf print but it just puts me to pin in.
    Thanks, would love the recipe to be in my binder.

• It has a glitch we are fixing. :)

127. Tried these today, although I am NEVER good at making things look pretty…because I lack patience for one and for two I am still learning cooking/baking but they taste amazing thanks for the recipe!

128. I made these for the first time today and they were a hit!!! So delicious and yummy!!! Can’t wait to make then again for the office!

129. I didn’t read through all the posts but I used caramel apple wraps for the caramel layer. They come between individual wax paper so I rolled them out as much as I could before putting them on the crust. A little thick but it’s still yummy!

130. OK, so this may be a dumb question but I am new here and don’t know the answer. The only premade crust I could find was in the freezer and already in a pie tin. SOOOO, obviously I remove it from the metal tin but do I defrost it? I feel like it will crumble if I don’t…. any info would be appreciated! TYIA

• No, that won’t work..lol. You need to use the refrigerated pie crust, or make your own. :)

131. I recently got engaged and I’m already planning my wedding. I’m thinking I’ll have to add these to the dessert menu. They look too good to pass up. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

132. These look awesome.
    I always think pie has too much filling so this will be perfect.

I really can’t wait to try making them.
    I want to try other pie fillings too that won’t taste right with caramel.
    Is the caramel necessary to keep the bottom crust from getting soggy or is it just for taste?
    Does anyone have suggestions for substitutions for the caramel for other flavors?

Flavors I want to try:
    peach, blueberry, rhubarb, lemon curd, nutella

133. I think I’d call them “Penney Pies.” little, round…. penney pies. :) I can’t wait to make them. Thanks so much for sharing.

134. You need a 3rd pie crust to make a full size lattice crust like the one shown in the picture…

135. I love these cookies and so does my family and friends. These are so simple to make and so good. I used fresh gala apples that I had on hand and cooked them until they were real soft and done.
    Thanks for sharing this recipe!

136. mouth watering indeed! i’m calling it ooey gooey apple goodness:)

137. or maybe ooey gooey apple goodies?

138. LOVE this recipe! Only thing I was wondering is if you have any advice on making these cookies with pie crust that doesn’t contain lard. I have many vegetarian friends and was wondering what other brand you’d recommend.

139. I forgot to buy the caramel sauce and I used peanut butter and just sweetened up the apple pie filling. Still a winner.

140. Please tell me where you got that awesome spice crocks. I live in NC and the moisture kills my spices and I love spices. Those would be fantastic and keep all the moisture out so my sugary spices would last longer.

• Hi! :)

I got them at hobby lobby for about $1.00 each..then just made labels for them. I love them because we use swamp coolers here in nm and the moisture is horrible too. Plus you can fit measuring spoons down inside them, unlike many other jars. :). Hope that helps.

• Thank You soooo much. Seeing your jars got me to start looking on the internet to see what I could come up with. I found some like them at Crate and Barrel but they are 20 dollars for 12 of them, I like your price better. I’ll check my Hobby Lobby this weekend. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. :)

141. I’m living in ireland so had to change some of the ingredients BUT THEY WERE GORGEOUS FANTASTIC YUMMY YUM YUM. Gave me an idea for easy mince pies for christmas xx thanks so much for the recipe xx

142. OMG! I love these cookies made 12 with in the hour all but 3 were gone lol YUMMY

143. Hi, been looking all over pinterest for apple receipes, excited to find this. My question is I am not sure on caramel sauce or where to buy or how to make. I live in Australia and never really seen to buy other than very thick caramel for tarts or caramel topping for icecream…
    Appreciate any suggestions :-)

• I’ve heard about a Caramel Apple Pie Filling..or you can leave it out! :)

144. How are these the next day??? I’m making for a co worker baking competition! Help!

• They’re the same the next day..very good. Treat them as you would a large apple pie. If you like them warm..reheat them in a low oven. Good luck..let me know how they do! :)

145. You are a genius ! Can’t wait to make them !

146. Just came across this recipe today on Facebook. I have not baked a cookie in years, but I think I will try this one! They look very delicious! :)

147. Would love to add this to my collection but, can’t get it to print OR go to my pdf. Anyone else having problems???

148. This recipe sounds so delicious !!!! Would love to add this to my collection but, can’t get it to print OR go to my pdf. Anyone else having problems???

149. I can’t get this to download/print! I love the recipe but if I use the print button on my computer it would print all the comments as well as the recipe! :(

150. My birthday is tomorrow and I was planning on baking brownies for my brownie sundaes but I think I will be making these instead!!

151. Not to be rude, but I think these would be so much nicer if the pie crust and the filling were homemade. Hell, you could even go and whip up a nice caramel sauce yourself! Which is probably what I’m going to try. I like the general idea, I just find it very sad when people don’t have the creative drive to make things entirely from scratch. It’s about appreciating the quality of the raw ingredient, and in the end knowing that it’s your own creation. Sure, it takes a little longer, but the results are definitely worth it. ;) Anyway, I didn’t mean to rant. Thanks for the inspiration!

• I do many things in my life extremely well. Baking is not one of them, so the ease of making these as suggested is perfect for me! Thanks, Amy!

152. Can I prepare these in advance and refrigerate to be baked the next day? Thanks in advance for your reply

• I didn’t do that..but I think it should be fine. :)

• Did you try refrigerating them and baking the next day? And if so, did they turn out well?
      Thanks :-)

• No..but you can treat them as you would Pie! :)

153. These look absolutely amazing. I’m going to have to try these. Thank you for sharing.

154. I tried to make these and it was a DISASTER! I wrote about it on my blog, linked back to your blog, and told my readers to see YOU for the recipe. I wish I had followed your directions to a T and used all the recommended ingredients. I also wish you could send me some in a box. Pregnant Momma wanted some apple pie cookies and she is NOT baker! Thanks for posting this though!

• Aww..so sorry to hear that. Sometimes if we don’t follow the directions it doesn’t end well..I’ve done that many times! :)

155. Super clever idea! Great job!

156. We are making these now! I am so excited. Post when we r done!

• Oooo..please let me know how it goes! :)

157. My daughter just e-mailed this to me. Can’t wait to try this, sounds heavenly. Thank you.

158. will they still be good for a ‘make ahead’ type of thing??

• Treat them as you would a regular apple pie. :)

159. Wooow,looks easy n yummy….nice pictures….can’t wait to try. Try for sharing:-)

160. I’ve just done my batch,looks messy because I failed make lattice but taste delicious:-) nice recipe,need more practice on the lattice top.tks a lot

161. Sooo many comments – I will have to go back and read them.

This looks like a winner – gonna try this weekend!

But the “those oozy baked sugar, chewy-ish bits” <<< THAT is the "Chewy Flakey Cracky" or CFC!

Addictive like crack with flakey, chewy goodness~!

162. I can’t wait to try this recipe it looks so good. I love apple pie so these cookies will go down a treat!

163. Has anyone ever tried this with the bottom layer being sugar cookie dough instead of pie crust? I am interested as to how it would turn out.

164. I have made these on muffin tins to allow for more filling and less leakeage; pipcakes!!

165. My mother used to make these ‘Pookies” She used apple butter and small dehydrated apples… delicious~!!

166. I am making these tonight for a “pie contest” we are having at work tomorrow. I have never made a pie before, so hopefully I will win for creativity. lol. Can’t wait to make!

• Ooo..good luck! :)

167. These were awesome! Tastes like a pie, tastes like a cookie, DELICIOUS! Big hit at our neighborhood Bunco group! Thanks!

168. I have been meaning to make these since I saw them the first time. YUM!!

169. Made these this evening, but made homemade pie crust and filling. So yummy! Thanks for the awesome idea! Now my family wants me to make all kinds of pie cookies. :-D They’ll make fun holiday treats!

170. A really great idea, worked perfect for a buffet that I did as people could help themselves without having to cut up a full pie – thanks!

171. I’ve just made rhubarb and peach pie which looks so like yours. Rhubarb also goes well with strawberries.

172. So I feel like I’ve commented on this before, but it’s just too good not to comment (again, maybe)! @Maggie, Rhubarb and strawberry pie is one of my FAVORITES! Thank you for sharing your great apple pie cookie recipe….now we can try it with any combination!

173. This is a wonderful idea. I did not execute very well though. I did not have enough lattice fornthentop of the cookies and my cookies in the oven now are exploding everywhere. I thinkminhave too much filling and or Carmel, I will try again and will eat even the test cookies.

174. I just made these and they’re soooo good! I love apple pie crusts, but don’t really like the center, so these are perfect!

One tip that makes the lattice easier — make the lattice ahead of time on a piece of parchment, cover with saran wrap, then put it in the fridge for a few hours so that it hardens again. Once it has hardened a bit (about the same consistency as when you originally opened the pie crust package), you can slowly slide it off of the parchment paper to top the apple goo!

• Epic idea…thank you so soooo much! I’m happy you enjoyed them! :)

175. Can’t wait to make these for Christmas coming! I’m so excited to make these, but I’m a little nervous in weaving the lattice crust. These would be good to have a scoop of ice cream with! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

• Don’t be nervous…you can do it! :)

176. Okay, you seriously just made me want to eat my computer screen. This idea is brilliant. They look yummy. I’m drooling on my keyboard right now.

177. They sound great I want to use for Christmas platters I’m having surgery just before Xmas wonder if I can bake then put in freezer.

• YES!! You can treat them just like a regular pie! Best of luck on your surgery! :)

• Thank you????

178. I tried several times to make these gorgeous cookies, but despite my best efforts, they just didn’t come out anything like the photos. I finally gave up and just made a pie.

• Aww..so sorry! I’ve made them many, many times with different fruit fillings and never had a problem. Not sure what went wrong?! Pie is always good though! :)

179. About how many does this recipe make?

• Using a 3″ cookie cutter you will get approx. 7 cookies!~ :)

• Thanks I am making them for my soup group

180. I just tired this recipe today and I must say it was so good I have to bake some more!!!

181. Just put my 1st batch in the oven :) had to make a tester batch before making them for thanksgiving dinner. I used parchment paper on the counter, then did everything on it….i was able to cut out 5 perfectly rounded ones, 2 semi round ones, along with 2 semi squarish ones LOL, can’t wait to taste them! 5 more mins!

182. This has diabetes written all over it.

183. Just made these for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I used a sandwich crust remover I think that is what it is called. It’s a round Pampered Chef thing that seals sandwiches. It is the same diameter as my glasses. They came out great ! The house smells so yummy ! Thanks for the recipe !

• Yay…greet idea! :)

184. Just made 2 batches of these. Turned out perfect, thanks for the great recipe!

185. We made these for Thanksgiving. They came out perfect and everyone loved them. The only change I made was to add a little bit of chopped candied ginger to the sugar mixture. These were a hit.

186. I made these today for a Thanksgiving gathering tonight. I cut mine into bars. The little bits that weren’t big enough tasted yummy. :) thanks for the great spin on apple pie!

187. Just made these today and they are delicious!!! While the lattice top wasn’t too pretty, the taste definitely makes up for it! Thanks for sharing!

188. You could also roll the pie crust out into 6 inch circles, and after assembling the cookies, cut them in quarters before baking. That would give you maximum crispy edges, with less work/waste, yes still retain the cute “pie” effect. I think I will make these for Pi day (March 14th – you know 3.14…)

189. I have made these and they are fantastic

190. I’m going to make these for my husband for Valentine’s Day. He is going to love them I know!

191. You could even lay this out in a jelly roll or pie pan and just make a flat pie, then cut into squares once baked and serve. Yummy :)

192. So happy that this recipe brought back those memories. :)

193. Great Recipe, I found the apple pie filling that already had caramel in it so skipped a step. I made peach pie cookies because that is my hubby’s favorite. These are wonderful!!!

1. Not exactly Gram’s recipe… heat up the oven, it’s snowing today! | Oldentimes's Blog - [...] morning one of the daughters sent me this great link: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/apple-pie-cookies.html While I was reading, my mind jumped back …
  2. Sunday Social #1 | Just Do It, Y'all - [...] – Apple Pie Cookies (Oh, Bite It!) I don’t have to tell you that these look like little bites …
  3. Apple π Cookies | Foodography - [...] say from personal experience, she does an excellent job! This time around we were inspired by an Apple Pie …
  4. April Meal Plan | The Hair-brained Hypotheses of Holly - [...] 13- leftovers & apple pie cookies [...]
  5. Apple Pie Cookies. Wow so simple - Where Home Starts - [...] Source [...]
  6. Cookies As Easy As Pie | cookiecuckoo - [...] the filling to ooze out onto the pastry, caramelizing and crisping the edges at the same time. So, Apple …
  7. Apple Pie Cookies | Much madness - [...] I tried out this recipe from ohbiteit.com as roomie seemed keen on it.  What a messy failure.  I was …
  8. What a water snob | Vee's Diary - [...] credit going out to the author of this recipe here: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/apple-pie-cookies.html [...]
  9. Apple Pie Cookies! | Jalapeño Gal's Way of Cooking - [...] Recipe provided by: OhBiteIt.com [...]
  10. Apple Pie Cookies from Oh Bite It! - [...] There’s nothing more patriotic and American than apple pie and cookies.  Oh Bite It has put the two together …
  11. Apple Pie Cookies (I’m Not Sorry) | Dream The World - [...] The other day I found this absolutely incredible recipe for Apple Pie Cookies. So with Independence day fast approaching, …
  12. Summer Recipe: Apple pie cookies | fall down & up - [...] This recipe was found on the lovely pinterest. And it was one that I thought was so cute, so …
  13. Caramel Apple Pie Cookies Recipe - Raining Hot Coupons - [...] Inspired by, Oh Bite Me [...]
  14. Apple Pie Recipes 14 Ways – Bright Ideas - [...] but certainly not least are these apple pie cookies from Oh Bite It. These are an adorable spin on …
  15. Fun With Apples | Upside Down Kids: Mom's Secret Weapon - [...] Apple pie cookies [...]
  16. 15+ Amazing Apple Desserts - [...] Apple Pie Cookies by Oh, Bite It [...]
  17. Pie, Pie, Me Oh My | Freckles and Flowers - [...] like pie. I know, I know, how un-American of me. But I saw this recipe for Apple Pie Cookies …
  18. Apple Pie Cookies Recipe #recipe #applepie #cookies | StuckAtHomeMom.com - [...]   This is another recipe I found on FaceBook! I did a little researching and I think the original …
  19. Sh*t I Found This Week #1 - Slap Dash Mom - […] Apple Pie Cookies – Are you f*cking kidding me?! Ohmygod. Peanut Butter Cup S’MOreo Bars – Eat a few …
  20. Apple Pie Cookies | The Dish - […] been debating writing this post because I’m not done tweaking the recipe to my liking. I saw this post and …
  21. APPLE PIE COOKIES: 1 Box of frozen Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 sheets per box) Approx. 1 Can of Apple Pie Filling (just enough for a thin layer) Approx. 1 Cup of Caramel Sauce (just enough for a light coating) 1 Egg..for egg-wash 2 tbsp. Cinnamon/Sugar 1 tbsp. - […] http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/apple-pie-cookies.html […]
  22. APPLE PIE COOKIES: 1 Box of frozen Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 sheets per box) Approx. 1 Can of Apple Pie Filling (just enough for a thin layer) Approx. 1 Cup of Caramel Sauce (just enough for a light coating) 1 Egg..for egg-wash 2 tbsp. Cinnamon/Sugar 1 tbsp. - […] Like Loading... 2013 at 09:44AM, Homes in Chester County, October 02, Real Estate Leave a …
  23. Friday Facts, Fun and Food. | Farmer and Rancher One Stop Shop - […] recipe combines some of my favorite things: apples, pie, and cookies to make the Apple Pie Cookie.  I haven’t …
  24. Apple Pie Cookies! | Creative College Chick - […] loves anything apple pie related, so I knew that I had to make them.  I followed the like to …
  25. Crafts, Cookies and Pinterest, Oh My! | Llama Llama Librarian - […] Apple Pie Cookies […]
  26. Apple Pie Cookies | kellybaked - […] baking up these cute apple pie cookies.  I got the idea from one of my crossfit instructors via this …
  27. Home Made Apple Pie Cookies - LivingGreenAndFrugally.com - […] Click Here To See Home Made Apple Pie Cookies […]
  28. Stumble Upon 06 November 2013 | bpopa.co - […] Apple pie cookies […]
  29. mjam crea…/ appel taart koekjes…. | ~ * Pagan Ouderschap / Pagan Parenting * ~ - […] Pie Cookies ~Frisky http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/apple-pie-cookies.html <- Recipe Please help me increase this post’s reach! ? Like ? Comment ? Share …
  30. Oh Bite It – Apple Pie Cookies | A-FOOD-cionados on the loose... - […] Apple Pie Cookies […]
  31. Smirkd.com - […] Via: Oh Bite It […]
  32. Thanksgiving Dinner Round-Up! 50+ Links | Chelsea's Messy Apron - […] Apple Pie Cookies 2. Turkey Cookies 3. Pie Round-up 4. Frozen Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake 5. Pilgrim Hat Cookies 6. […]
  33. How to Make Fireball Apple Pie Cookies | Roqkr - […] This recipe is bastardized from OH, Bite It. Her cookies look much better than mine do, and she frames pictures …
  34. Apple Pie Cookie | Edible Crafts | CraftGossip.com - […] and messy to eat on the go. Well it was until now! Check out Amy’s Applie Pie Cookie at …
  35. 30 Delicious Apple Recipes - Formula Mom | Texas Blogger - […] Apple Pie Cookies – Oh, Bite […]
  36. Thanksgiving Dinner Party Theme | The Finished Plate - […] Apple Pie Cookies by Oh Bite It […]
  37. 10 Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas - The Golden Sycamore - […] Apple Pie Cookies from Oh, Bite It! […]
  38. Cohabitation Chronicles 4/52 | hello tatoes - […] B’s family in Socal. Every year we like to contribute something new, and this year it was apple pie …
  39. Apple Pie Cookies | Make Me Something Sweet - […] Recipe adapted from Oh, Bite It! […]
  40. ~Blueberry Pie Cookies! | Oh Bite It - […] squeezed some inspiration for these cookies out of my Apple Pie Cookies  ~those cookies took on a life of …
  41. Foodie Feats and Treats. | Mylifeinverse: The Writing Revolution - […] where the sheer number of pins (repins? pinnings?) practically forced me to venture over to Oh, Bite It! and …
  42. Apple Pie Cookies | Mind, Body & Belly - […] Apple Pie Cookies Recipe from Oh, Bite It! […]
  43. Links I Love - Amicia Rai - […] 4. Apple Pie Cookies […]
  44. recipe reciprocity | Fortune Goodies - […] Tart is yet another display of confectionery genius by How Sweet It Is.  3. These Apple Pie Cookies by Oh, Bite It! Oh, …
  45. Recipe – Apple Pie Cookies - […] ? Day! In honor of this little mathematical constant, we’ve found an Apple Pie Cookie recipe that is infinitely delicious! Mad …
  46. Apple Pie Cookies | Let's Discuss Crafts - […] found a recipe to please the masses. I used this recipe from Oh Bite It for some snacks to bring …
  47. Apple Pie Cookies | Culinary Recipes - […] Source: ohbiteit […]
  48. 10 Deliciously Sweet And Easy Apple Pie Recipes - […] 2. Apple Pie Cookies […]
  49. Adore. Crave. Desire. | Hissy Fits & Happiness - […] all american summer sweet treat. […]
  50. Apple Pie | Grace's Food Adventure - […] Apple Pie Cookies […]
  51. Fantastic apple pie cookies | Creative Home Ideas - […] Or entirely doable. The last piece or two normally gets wasted at my house. And then I came across …
  52. Apple Pie Cookies | Lady Capricorn's Blog Place - […] Find the Recipe here: http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/11/apple-pie-cookies.html […]
  53. 4th of July Necessities | The Modern Lady Official - […] Apple Pie Cookies by Oh, Bite It! […]
  54. Down on the Farm Birthday Celebration - […] were so realistic they had guests doing a double take and I received so many requests for the recipe for …
  55. Apple Pie Cookies | Food- Mafia - […] Go to full Instructions […]
  56. 10 Easy Thanksgiving Desserts That Will Wow Your Dinner Guests - […] cookie? Sign me up. Find step-by-step instructions for this easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe at Oh, Bite It! I’m pretty sure …