~Crescent Enchiladas!

Whoa..if you love Mexican Food, if you love easy recipes with an enormous flavor pay-off, sit down for this one!  This super simple Enchilada switch-up will rock your world like never before!  I know that my world will never be the same since I ditched the good old dry Tortilla for a buttery, soft and fluffy Crescent!

Where do I even begin?  Honestly this recipe was born, once again,  out of laziness!  It was Enchilada night and I found myself with NO Tortillas in the house.  Going to the store was out of the question since that would require me to actually take my slippers off and put shoes on, yeah..that wasn’t gonna happen!  Good thing I had Crescents hanging around..yep, my laziness wins again!

Enchiladas, as you’ve always known them, will forever be changed once your fork sinks down into that cheesy, chicken filled, perfectly puffed Crescent, dripping in the best Green Chile Sauce ever, all covered in ooey-gooey Fiesta Blend Cheese!

What you’ll need for 4 servings (2 Enchiladas per person) double recipe accordingly for more:

1 Container (8ct.) Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

3/4 Cup Milk

2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese..I used Fiesta Blend

1 Can of Chicken Breast

1 Can of Cream Of Chicken Soup

1Can of Chopped and drained Hatch Green Chiles..optional

S&P to taste

A baking/casserole dish

In a medium bowl combine the Chicken and 1 cup of the Cheese, breaking up the chicken and incorporating the cheese with a fork…set aside.

In another medium bowl mix together the Soup, Milk, Green Chile and S&P…set aside.

Lay out the Crescents and add about a tbsp. of the Chicken mixture to the wide end and roll it up…

Spread a small scoop of the Gravy mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish and place the filled and rolled Crescents in.

Pour the remaining gravy over the top of the Crescents, making sure to cover them completely…

Sprinkle the top with the remaining Cheese…

Bake it uncovered at 350 for approx. 25 minutes…

Orrr, until the top is golden and the Crescents are fully cooked through…

Serve it up nice and hot, a Margarita wouldn’t hurt either!  ~Enjoy!  :)

1. this is awesome!

• Can you use beef instead of chicken. If you can what kind of soup. Thanks

2. We made this tonight!! Delish!! Thanks for the great recipe.

3. What a grand idea! These look delicious!

4. Please email me your different recipes

5. Oh dear me… I am in trouble!!!

6. OMGosh!! I Can’t WAIT to make these!! Sounds so easy and they look Heavenly!! Thanks for the recipe!!

• You are so welcome! I hope you love them! :)

7. So I stumbled upon this and it looks great. My question is what if I used chicken breast not out of the can? Do you think the cooking temp and time would change? I am planning on making this tomorrow so I just wanted to know before I began :)

• Fresh Chicken would be awesome..just make sure to cook it and shred it up BEFORE you move forward with baking it in the oven. Same cooking time/temp will apply! ~Hope you love them! :)

8. Look delicious! Anyone know nutrition value?

9. Omg these look fantastic, cannot wait to try this but I am going to subsitute the canned chicken breast for regular chicken…awesome idea and thank you!!

• I actually prefer the fresh, shredded chicken as well..if time allows it is the better option! ~Enjoy! :)

10. Looks delicious, I can’t wait to make them.

11. AWESOME!!! Had this for lunch today and it’s a WINNER! :-)

12. I’m all for easy and tasty! This moves to the top of my to make list, thanks!!

13. I just made the enchiladas and they were fabulous. I did have to bake 12 additional minutes. I used a 10 oz. can of chicken and I think a smaller one would have been better. What size can was on the recipe?

• What size can is used in the above recipe?

14. These look so good!! I can’t wait to try them!

15. I fixed them tonight for dinner, and my family loved them.

16. These are in the oven right now – just 15 more minutes. They look so good!

• Hope you loved them! :)

17. Thank you for the recipe! I “healthified” it a little with reduced fat crescents, light and active cream soup, reduced fat cheese and some leftover turkey breast. It’s in the oven right now :)

• Brilliant..I hope you all enjoyed them! :)

18. Sometimes I’m a purist when it comes to New Mexico cuisine, especially enchiladas… not anymore, my friend! This is another genius recipe. I really need to make this, I can just see people’s minds blown over this recipe!

• NEW Mexico cuisine? Enchiladas are a “cuisine” that originated in the COUNTRY of Mexico and drifted up to New Mexico, Arizona and California. In fact, having lived with this cuisine in all those states, I have to say some of the best I’ve found is in Tucson, AZ. Just sayin’! By the way, great recipe, Amy!

19. wow!! this is soooooooooooo good and easy

20. I made these today, but I put part of the chiles in with the chicken mixture, added sour cream instead of milk, and added a little salsa to the sauce as well. They cmae out delicious.

• YUM!! :)

21. These were so genius!! My family was skeptical so I made regular corn tortilla enchiladas for them and 4 crescent enchiladas for myself, once they saw how delicious they looked everyone was eating my crescents lol! Thanks for always inspiring my inner foodie!?

22. SUPER EASY, and a hit at parties and dinners! Thanks for this one!

• PS: I add jalapenos for an extra bite :)

23. I love this recipe! It makes a delicious dinner and so quick and easy to make.

24. looks so good, Im doing this. I LOVE this website!!

25. Flavor is amazing but crescent rolls never crisp up. Did you bake at all prior to adding the soup mixture and cheese?

• They’re supposed to be soft and tender. :)

26. These look amazing. But my favorite part of enchiladas is the enchilada sauce. What do you think about adding some of it into the chicken and cheese mixture and also to the sauce?

• Perfect! :)

• “Enchilada Sauce” refers to about 8 different types of sauces used on enchiladas. From a dark Mole sauce to a light dairy-based Suizas sauce. Amy’s is very similar to a Suizas sauce (my favorite) but the chicken soup ups the ante there a bit. Yummm! I definitely will make this – maybe with a little sour cream in the sauce. Whaddya think?

27. used the can chicken breast with Buffalo sauce really good and quick

28. These are sooooo yummy, and so easy to make

• I added choped onion

29. Can’t wait to try these…love enchiladas anyway you fix them but this looks easy.

30. I used the 10 oz can of chicken – was too much for the 8 rolls. Helpful to mention the size of the can!

31. This was dinner tonight. Delicious! This recipe is absolutely a keeper. I also was unsure of sizes for some of the ingredients, so I chose a small can of chiles and a 10 oz can of chicken. This was more than enough to fill the crescent rolls (larger size), and I sprinkled the remaining chicken/cheese mixture on top of the crescent rolls, then added the gravy and cheese.

I’m not that proficient in the kitchen, but this recipe is so easy to make that I had no problems. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!

1. Crescent Enchiladas | Collector Of Recipes - […] Recipe and photo by Oh Bite It! […]