~Caramel Snickerdoodles!

Hmmm, where do I begin?  Should I start with the warm flaky & tender, Cinnamon Sugar coated Crescent Nugget filled with oozing Caramel?!  Or should I start with how easy these are and probably the most delicious and impressive thing I’ve ever made with only 3 ingredients?

Orrr maybe I’ll start by saying that these little gems are the best Snickerdoodle anything I’ve ever Snickered or Doodled!  In just a matter of minutes you can indulge in pure warm, Cinnamony Caramel Heaven..go do this, GO!  :)

What you’ll need for 20 Snickery Doodly Delights:

1 Pillsbury Crescents Seamless Dough Sheet

Caramel Candies..one per each Doodle.

1 cup of Cinnamon/Sugar..blended to your taste

Cut out about a 2″x2″ piece of dough and wrap it gently and snuggled around one Caramel.  Roll it in the Cinnamon Sugar…

Place them onto a baking sheet about 1″ or so apart…

Bake them at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, or until they’re firm and slightly puffy.

Let them cool for just a few, but these have to be eaten warm, for maximum Caramel flow…

Construct a nice stack of gooey Snickerdoodles so everyone can share…..

Don’t forget about yours though!  ~Enjoy! :)

**SIDE NOTE:  Unless you want to play Hockey and use these as pucks, nuke them for a couple of seconds OR warm them in a low oven for a few minutes before eating them, just to get them gooey again! :)

1. So glad caramel won out for today! And these look pop-able, so LOVING it! :)

2. Always looking for quick treats. Teaching two 13yr old boys how to cook & bake. Thanks.

• I have a 12 and 16 year old so any ideas on simple things to teach them this summer would be great! I am not much on cooking but would like for them to have a bit more skill than My husband and I. I do not have a lot of weird or different herbs/spices. Pretty basic. (allergies to nuts/legumes) 1 boy anyway. My email is tlouise1@yahoo.com I can’t stand for a long period of time so I am more of a 15-20min. Mix and throw in the oven. A bit scared of the crock pot but have 3 of them. lol Any help would be great just email me “T” @ tlouise1@yahoo.com. Thank you :)

• My quick treat is a sandwitch maker, canola oil, baster.

break and pie filling. baste the bread with oil, put one side on the sandwich maker then add pie filling any kind. place the other side of bread on with top basted so it doesn’t stick. then press the sandwitch maker firmly together lock and wait. If it is hot 5 min. then take sandwitch off coat lightly with more oil and cover in sugar and cinnamin or just sugar is fine. My family loves it.

Enjoy! tlouise1@yahoo.com

• Bread!!! ooops

• Mmm..love it! :)

• I would like to recommend researching Canola oil. I have. Evidently it’s one of the most UNhealthy oils out there. ;)

• I agree..it’s not the best!!

3. stumbled across your blog in an email today…i hate you in the most loving way right now. i’ve pinned several things already and i’m not done yet! :) i LOVE simple desserts like this!

• YAY..thank you! :)

4. this looks so good!

5. I’m with Theresa….I can’t wait to make your recipes…thanks for blogging

6. I freaking love you

• LOL..love you too! :)

7. If you want caramel that stays creamy, you can melt the caramels and mix a little milk into them, pour the mixture into a brownie pan and let them set, then cut soft caramels into squares. Or you can put a spoonful of Mrs. Rich’s butterscotch caramel ice cream topping in the center of your dough.

• or you can simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk(sans label) in a pan of water for a couple hours on the stove….. then take it out and let it cool. And when you are ready to make them just open the can and presto yummy soft caramel to spoon into the center of your dough.

8. I plan on making some of these wonderful sounding treats, as soon as I can afford the ingredients. I cannot wait, they sound so yummy

9. I am famous around here (Arkansas) for my snickerdoodle cookies. Have tried snickerdoodle muffins – ugh! they were nasty. But these! Now these look absolutely delicious. I WILL be trying these and I can pretty much guarantee they will be a big hit. Thanks for sharing!

10. can’t wait to try this recipe.

11. I live in the UK and really like the look of these,but what is seamless dough sheet,don’t think we sell,this what is it? And what should I use instead thanks

• You can use the Biscuits too, or make dough from scratch! :)

• You can use regular crescent rolls and just push the seams close with your fingers

12. I made these today…I wrapped the caramel all night and tight inside the crescent but when I baked them the caramel melted all out. =(

• so sorry to hear that…they may ooze, but if you seal them super tight, it should be minimal.

13. Made these over the past weekend and they were a hit. They did ooze out some (and I pinched and pinched and pinched, lol) but they were gone within minutes (ooze and all.) I’m sick and couldn’t taste a thing but my two sons and husband more than made up for it and demanded we fix them again soon. Thanks for the quick and easy recipe!

• The ooze is actually really tasty..shhh! LOL! So happy you enjoyed them! :)

• Amy, would you consider doing a short how-to video demonstrating your technique for wrapping and pinching? I’ve made a couple of your recipes like this and I can never get it without losing most of the contents to the ooze! From the comments, it sounds like a lot of us would benefit!

• I’d do that…for this one, or others? :)

14. These look so good and easy!

15. I tried the snickerdoodles and they came out an oozing mess! followed the directions EXACTLY!

• SO sorry to hear that. You must make sure that the dough is sealed VERY well, and that it is thick enough to wrap around the Caramel! Maybe try it again?? :)

• tried them with bite size snicker bars, very very good

16. These look great, but what happens when they cool? Is the caramel hard inside? There is only 2 of us, so we would not eat them all at once while warm.

• Yes, they get hard again. You have a small window of eating opportunity..lol! Warm them in a low oven if you have ant left for later! :)

17. I just wanted to say Thank you Thank you Thank you. I made these and they were amazing. Absolutely divine. They were gone in 10 minutes. Awesome. Thanks. They came out perfect.

• Yay! :)

18. Hi, just wondering…what kind of dough is that? What would it normally be used to make?

19. They look divine, will have to research the caramel and dough availability here in Australia. we do have a American food shop here in Melbounre.

20. Might try Costco here in Melbourne to see what equivalents they have and post a reply later

• Im Always Looking for recipes that are different ,tierd of cakes and muffins.great recipes my recipe like this calls for chocolate in the centre make them often Love new ideas GOD BLESS

21. Love the recipes, but way too many huge,redundant photos. Very difficult and time-consuming to copy recipes. Perhaps one photo at the top would be sufficient. Again, do love the recipes (just not the page set-up)!

• I agree..lol! The new revised site format will have a simplified print option. :)

22. I would think if you have a problem with oozing, try using a bit of eggwash before you seal them to help glue the seal. I’m going to try this, and add a few choc chips in as well!

23. I´ve just read your recipe! I have no words, it´s simply amazing but I´d like to ask you a question, I´m from Spain and I don´t know what type of dough you use, here we cannot find that product easily. There is a shop where I live called Taste of America, do you think I could find it there? Congratulations for your site, I really love it!!!
    Vanessa

24. do u think peanut butter would work?

25. Really….you are an evil, evil person….and I love you……..sigh ;)

26. What can I use instead of seamless dough as I have never seen that before

27. These are fantastic! If you love a salty/sweet combination, add a square of thick cut crisp cooked bacon with the caramel. You get a wonderful salted caramel taste…..and of course who doesn’t like bacon. :)

28. My puffs kept coming out bready tasting and gross, so I found that if you make the dough pretty thin and then rub granulated sugar on the inside, it makes the cooked dough not just taste like bread rolled in cinnamon. Also if the dough is thin the consistency turns to that of a cookie rather than bread, which Is a bit more pleasing to the palate:) This is probably one of my favorite recipes to make and my friends can’t get enough:D

29. I’m speechless! I can’t wait to make these!

30. These were amazing! And soooo easy..which is a bit of a problem! lol I used the Pepperidge Farm Pastry Puff Dough since I was in a time pinch and didn’t have time to make some and I dipped them in melted butter before rolling it in the cinnamon/sugar blend. I also made half of these with Rolo’s and I have to say they were better then just the caramel! Talk about disappearing desserts!!

31. found to be easy to make and had no trouble with caramel leaking out

32. Hi, i love your recepi, cos i looooooove caramel! But we don’t have crescent seamless dough sheets where i live! Im from the Netherlands in Europe! What can i use insted? Pastry dough? That do we have in sheets! Can you tell me PLEASE? Thanks in advance! Have a fantastic day! Byebye. :-) :-) :-)

33. Sounds wonderful and I can’t wait to try them on my family. May add a slice of apple to it and may also try it with Reisens. What Fun!

34. I just made these and they are soooooooooooooo goooooood!!!!!

35. These are WRONG…cannot wait…making them TONITE!

36. Hi I live in australia we don’t have the seamless cookie sheet what I can I use instead

37. I seen these earlier and they looked to die for! Like little bites of sugary caramel heaven. I ran to publix, got the goods and I just took them out of the oven a few minutes ago. Only one oozed out :).
    Im sorry to say, I was not impressed :( they look a lot better than they taste. I used the same caramels, the same crescent rolls, cinnamon sugar and followed the instructions to a T. Mine are just tiny biscuits with moltin lava caramel filling.. I’m going to wrap them up and give them to my neighbors lol

38. Made these tonight with my son… so easy and absolutely amazing!!!
    Thanks!

39. Thank you so much for this recipe!! They came out prefect and my family loved them! I had no problem with the carmel coming out :) I rolled them around in my hand after I pinched them to death lol perfection!

40. Getting ready to make these now! Sounds like they are best hot out of the oven. Do they freeze well?

• They are best warm and gooey! :). I didn’t freeze any, so I’m not sure.

41. These were so good!! I made them with a four pack of crescents and just rolled them between my hands before rolling them in the sugar. It made the seals real tight and didn’t ooze at all! Have you tried them with 2 caramels or is that just getting crazy?? ????

42. Mmm…”these are two, of my faaavorite things” ! Perfect in time for the Holidays =)

43. I’ll be making these tomorrow with my 6-yr old God Son! He loves learning how to cook and how to prepare goodies. This will be fun!

Thanks!

44. pure genius!

45. Yummmmmmmmiiiiiiiiii

46. I just made these tonight, but instead of just caramel chews i used rolos! Boy are they amazing. And you’re definitely right, they must be eaten warm!

47. Omg I just made these. Heaven! Angels are singing! To die for!
    I only wish I could eat more….right now…I did about 6.

• HAHA~ yay! :)

48. I’m Sooo HAPPY! You made my night…glad you enjoyed them! :)

1. 20+ Caramel ~ icious Recipes - […] Caramel Snickerdoodles […]
  2. Tasty Tuesday – Caramel Crescent Snickerdoodles | booksforbelle - […] snack to have for dessert before we leave for vacation in the morning!  I found a recipe for these …
  3. Sweet tooth | What's your rating? - […] http://www.ohbiteit.com/2013/02/caramel-crescent-snickerdoodles.html […]
  4. Caramel Snickerdoodles | Delicious desserts recipes - […] Recipe Inspire by:http://www.ohbiteit.com/2013/02/caramel-crescent-snickerdoodles.htmlhttp://therecipecritic.com/2013/07/brown-butter-salted-caramel-snickerdoodles/http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/brown-butter-salted-caramel-snickerdoodles/http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2011/06/caramel-filled-snickerdoodles/ […]
  5. Family Home Evening Lesson | Endure Joyfully to the End - […] (Recipe From OhBiteIt) […]
  6. Caramel Crescent Snickerdoodles | Cook & Taste - […] See full instructions on: www.ohbiteit.com […]